jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you always look before you leap? Or are you an impulsive person?

1. learner365 profile image77
    learner365posted 6 years ago

Do you always look before you leap? Or are you an impulsive person?

What do you think is impulsiveness a good quality? If not then how to deal with an impulsive attitude?

2. Devout Maven profile image62
    Devout Mavenposted 6 years ago

I look before I leap, just to make my mind.

3. dipless profile image82
    diplessposted 6 years ago

To be honest I can be a little to impulsive sometimes, I just dive in head first and have been burnt a few times because of it. In my humble opinion it is a double edged sword it means you are on things quickly and you don't miss opportunities but it also sometimes means you can be under-prepared which can be costly. I am trying to find a happy balance as I get older.

4. Cyndi10 profile image87
    Cyndi10posted 6 years ago

Sometimes I suffer "paralysis of analysis" and take the leap too late which I don't think is a good thing. I think you miss more by not taking the leap. Life happens fast and being able to take quick action is often good, especially if you are able to sum up situations quickly.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I tend to be very cautious, overly so.  I have on occasion been impulsive and it has worked about 50% of the time.   I impulsively got married 41 years ago and it worked out just fine.

But I particularly make mistakes when I purchase something on the spur of the moment - that almost always backfires on me and makes me realize I need to think things through.

working