The definition of capitalism?

1. eye say profile image81
    eye sayposted 6 years ago

The definition of capitalism?

Does Capitalism mean the rights of the individual come before the rights of the masses or the population of the Community as a whole?

2. CaptainAwesome17 profile image57
    CaptainAwesome17posted 6 years ago

Capitalism is a way of organizing an economy so that the things that are used to make and transport products (such as land, ships, oil, etc) are owned by companies  and individual people rather than by the government. Well, we can also say that it is a economic system in wish means of productions and resources  are privately owned and the production, prices and the distribution of goods are determined mainly by competition in a free market.

3. kwill510 profile image55
    kwill510posted 6 years ago

My definition of capitalism is freedom to establish commerce by the private sector for profit and gains without the government being involved.  The problem is that its been abused by major corporations, in which they are taking advantage of the consumer and using their influence and money to control the population. I also believe that it has gotten to the point where now they control the government as the politician are basically being bought out by these corporations so they can lobby for these companies' gains.  In my opinion there is no government only  "BIG BUISNESS"  Awesome question eyesay thank you