jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are some of the pros, and cons, of taking online college courses?

1. miss_jkim profile image82
    miss_jkimposted 6 years ago

What are some of the pros, and cons, of taking online college courses?

2. kschimmel profile image47
    kschimmelposted 6 years ago

Pro:  I can go through the material as quickly or slowly or often as I need.  I can take a course at a distant university that is not offered in my home town.

Con:  If the professor is not adept with the technology, course content may suffer or there may be delays and errors in testing and grading.  If my computer crashes, I have a problem.  Group projects are even more excruciating online than in person.

3. profile image0
    paxwillposted 6 years ago

pros: Affordable way to learn something at your own pace

cons: If you complete an entire degree program online, it won't carry as much weight with employers as would a degree from a traditional school.  Not all online schools are accredited either.

4. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 6 years ago

I think they can be convenient and useful, allowing or forcing you to use software or applications that you've not used before. You will be learning more than what you signed up for such as online etiquette and how to locate classmates to collaborate with. Online classes are a good option as long as it is a small number of your classes at your traditional school (not a for profit mill). A con is the lack of in person interaction.

working