If the dinosaurs did not happen to die 65 million years ago, what would Earth be

1. lankaexotic profile image77
    lankaexoticposted 6 years ago

If the dinosaurs did not happen to die 65 million years ago, what would Earth be like at present?

2. JohnGreasyGamer profile image84
    JohnGreasyGamerposted 6 years ago

Honestly depends if you're a rationalist or a holy man. While I am a Christian, I still believe the odd bit about evolution. So if Dinosaurs did exist today, I'm sure we wouldn't be the dominant species, much like 65 million years ago. Dinosaurs would wander as normal, killing all that they need. Human technology would be slow, or if they evolved like us, I'm sure we would be their pets or slaves. Basically, look at the lowest lifeform on Earth back then - yes, we were prey. There was little we could defend ourselves against without rocks and sticks.

3. JKenny profile image92
    JKennyposted 6 years ago

Its a difficult question to answer, because nothing in evolution is predestined, not even us. If the asteroid had missed, then the giant dinosaurs would have continued to dominate the earth alongside their smaller bird cousins. The Pterosaurs may have become extinct in the face of competition from birds. The Ice age would have proved tricky for the dinosaurs, but we now know that most, if not all of them were warm blooded and we also know that some had already evolved feathers, so they would evolved and adapted as the environment changed.

Its unlikely, that the mammals would have been able to diversify the way they did, if the giant dinosaurs were still around, thus is seems unlikely that humans would have evolved. This is just what I think, its a very difficult question to answer. Check out a website called 'The Speculative Dinosaur Project' and also check out a book called 'The New Dinosaurs' by Dougal Dixon; they try to answer the question.