jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

"Evolution theory" can we believe it?

1. boyatdelhi profile image83
    boyatdelhiposted 6 years ago

"Evolution theory" can we believe it?

Is the Evolution theory scientifically proved?  Can we believe it fully? What are the draw backs of evolution theory?

2. AlexK2009 profile image92
    AlexK2009posted 6 years ago

While not perfect  Evolution is as much proven as any other mainstream theory but is constantly being tested by its proponents who are clearing up the  boundaries where it  seems to flounder.

There are some areas  where evolutionary theory flounders. One which is cited is the insect swarm that settles  in a way that makes the colony look like a flower, which  camouflages them against predators. Another is Religion, which has never  provided additional survival value to more than a small  number of people (priests) the majority of whom have, historically,  been celibate, and therefore has provided no benefit  to the species, nor has Religion provided much in the way of helping societies survive.

In summary.

Yes  the idea of evolution is accepted and the areas where it has difficulties are constantly being addressed by researchers who hope to  make a name for themselves.  Before disbelieving it do your research. Read a lot of books on the subject. as well as books on how the human race arose.   

Remember also that  the fact evolutionary theory may be flawed does NOT mean that other theories such as creationism and Intelligent Design are correct.

3. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

Well, I don't know. Let's compare it to another theory: Creation. Creation theory has been disproven already by geological and biological evidence, not to mention the laws of physics. So creation could not have happened. Evolution theory has not yet been disproven. So far, all genetic and fossil evidence supports evolution.

4. Davesworld profile image59
    Davesworldposted 6 years ago

I just posted a Hub on this particular subject and then I found the question so I can't enter the contest with my Hub - darn it.

In brief, evolutionary theory explains some things very well, and fails miserably at others.  If you mean, is evolution theory adequate to explain life on this planet, then categorically no - it only solves part of the puzzle.

5. Insane Mundane profile image60
    Insane Mundaneposted 5 years ago

Evolution often gets confused with Creation, albeit I never needed a "theory" to realize that life can adapt, acclimate and evolve, hence forth the notion, evolution has nothing to do with creation...   In short:  No, I do not think that a pre-historic Raptor (Velociraptor) eventually turned into a turkey nor do I believe in "walking whales."