jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do You prefer pure or applied mathematics? and what is your reasoning?

1. PhiMaths ATB profile image61
    PhiMaths ATBposted 5 years ago

Do You prefer pure or applied mathematics? and what is your reasoning?

2. rahul0324 profile image83
    rahul0324posted 5 years ago

Pure mathematics must be learned because it is the cellular structure of applied mathematics.

Without the existence of applied mathematics, the greatness as well as the simplicity of mathematics cannot be defined. For me Pure Mathematics only defines the greatness of Maths.

Maths is a language of Science- The Prime Applied Math ;

Applied math speaks for every living and non living structure present on and beyond the earth!

Without the equations and variable and unknowns all theories are just written statements with no aid!

Applied Mathematics finds it ways in the most simplest of forms in a shop and leaps to complex equations where 26 dimensions are gifted by it to complete and prove the M theory!

Where a kid remembers his tables to find cost of candies, a scientist uses Double Integral to find the area on a graph!

From  L.B.H to pi ... from angles to Pythagoras.... from area to integral... from division to differentiation.... Applied mathematics defines the full round spectrum of MATH...

So for me personally Applied Math is more preferred1

3. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image61
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

Both, but if I had to select one, I'd say applied. While theoretical mathematics is interesting, applied mathematics is useful and makes make mathematics come to life. I personally prefer statistics.

4. profile image53
    sithnessposted 5 years ago

Of cause applied coz pure maths is realy complicated.Applied maths is easy to understand and think as it is made out of real,on earth things.Think of some thing like complex nimbers(Z),its hard to understand them without kowing how they are used in physical applications.