jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is money ok for high school graduation gift?

1. alexandriaruthk profile image76
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

Is money ok for high school graduation gift?

It is graduation time once again and we want to give a gift to high school graduates. We know that they are going to college soon or embark in another stage of their lives. Do you think money as a graduation gift make more sense, if not can you suggest some good gifts?

2. Goodluck4ever profile image73
    Goodluck4everposted 5 years ago

Of course, money is OK. Teenagers have loads of needs they think money can help me them meet. they will really appreciate it if you want to help them solve some of their problems. most teens appreciate money.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I think money is a great for HS grads.  I know (a zillion years ago) I really appreciated the cash gifts.  It such a waste to give gifts that will not be used or tossed aside.  With gas, you know they will use it and enjoy.

4. HLKeeley profile image83
    HLKeeleyposted 5 years ago

My sister just graduated. She NEVER reads the cards, until now knowing that if someone just gave a card, they were giving her money. She was counting as she opened cards. I gave her a wireless mouse. She saw the bag and the card, never opening my card until I pestered her to open it since it cost 5 dollars.

5. Rpenafiel profile image70
    Rpenafielposted 5 years ago

Money is known to be the most appreciated gift ever, I mean who will not. Cash gift for sure will be used for something that your kids really are craving for. At least that’s the upside of it, but as parents you can still control (with cunning planning) their shopping needs with gift cards. Teen girls loves to accessorize and shop for trendy clothing, so why not give them gift cards from trendy stores. Your young boys must have loved new gadgets, cell phones, PSP, and tech toys, so why not provide him with gift cards from nearby general electronic shops. It is more like Cash, only this time you still have partial control on things that they’ll be spending it for. For additional information: rpenafiel.hubpages.com/hub/Graduation-Stuff-Gifts-To-Consider-This-Graduation-Season

working