How do you know when to call it quits with you phychologist?

1. Rodric29 profile image78
    Rodric29posted 5 years ago

How do you know when to call it quits with you phychologist?

I recently had a personal break through in my grief counseling over my daughters death and feel like I can handle the loss on my own now. My therapist missed our monthly appointment and I took that as a opportunity to end the sessions but I am not sure.

2. duffsmom profile image62
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't quit yet.  Break throughs are good but not the end of the work that needs to be done.  I would go see the therapist and ask what /he/she thinks.  Your situation is so unique Rodric and you have so many who depend on you, I'd stick with it for a while if you can.  Best wishes coming your way.

3. MrMaranatha profile image81
    MrMaranathaposted 5 years ago

I have the Holy Spirit inside me... the Comforter that Jesus sent... I have the Lord Himself to Counsel me... and I have the Wife that he also gave me... for what do I need the shoulder of some Psychologist?  To ask me questions so that I will supply the answers? 
    I can do this in Prayer time... by my bed... in my prayer closet... time alone with God while walking down the street.. or while sitting in the woods...

Rodric Spend some more time talking to the Lord about this... ... Worry less about other peoples opinions and seek God's Solace and His counsel.

Grace and Peace my friend... Ill be praying for you.