jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do you think adolescents fail while choosing a career?

1. TeacherCaro profile image60
    TeacherCaroposted 6 years ago

Why do you think adolescents fail while choosing a career?

I have met certain adolescents that in the last years of the chosen career they realised they do not like it, lest the idea of living on it. I think it is a question of choosing a near future too quickly!

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Adolescents do not have the life experience (generally speaking) to know what they want to do in their lives.  They need to study a variety of subjects and have a variety of experiences so they can narrow down their passions and talents. I think you are right, "choosing a future too quickly."

3. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 6 years ago

Their expectations are too high and they think everything should be easy. Adolescents who have spent their lives watching television as a primary form of entertainment have a warped sense of realty about life. They underestimate the legal significance of marriage and having children and the work involved to make both successful. Unfortunately, our society is arranged so that you start down a path at 18 that is almost impossible to go back on after five or six years.

4. algarveview profile image88
    algarveviewposted 6 years ago

I think the problem is lack of guidance, some parents don't know any better, others don't care and finally some teenagers don't want to listen to the parents and think they know everything... The fact is teenagers don't have the maturity to choose a career, most of them will only go with what they like or love and we all know how that usually turns out...

working