jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What do you do if you lose your CPR card?

1. Bedbugabscond profile image98
    Bedbugabscondposted 5 years ago

What do you do if you lose your CPR card?

I haven't lost my CPR card, but I need it to attend clinicals for school. It got me thinking, what would I do if I were to lose my CPR card? How do you get it replaced, and would it cost anything?

2. harmony155 profile image69
    harmony155posted 5 years ago

Do you remember where you got certified? They can probably issue another one. If its too much hassle, you may just want to get certified again-- they offer it online now for about $20.

Bedbugabscondposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I got issued through a college class, but they work with the red cross, the school doesn't issue cards so they aren't any help.

3. Dr. Haddox profile image81
    Dr. Haddoxposted 5 years ago

If one loses one's CPR card one can, very easily, obtain a new one by contacted the organization where one obtained the card in the first place. CPR training is usually obtained from the American Red Cross or The American Heart Association (within the U.S.A.). Other organizations may have locations where this CPR training can be obtained. Losing one's CPR card is no big deal, but do go through the trouble of obtaining a new one.
    It should not cost anything to get the card replaced.
    In the meantime, if you see someone in a crisis, help them. Don't panic. You have the skills that you learned from the training. The card is just documentation of your training. Don't let somebody die while you are worrying about the card.
    Take care.
    Regards,
    Dr. Haddox

Bedbugabscondposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much! I need to turn my card in for my radiology program, but when I opened the mail I ripped it... it is sticky on both sides, so I just carefully put the ripped part back on. Do you think my program is going to care that it is ripped?

working