jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What skills have you taught yourself?

1. cactusbythesea profile image87
    cactusbytheseaposted 5 years ago

What skills have you taught yourself?

For example, I taught myself HTML when I was in high school.  What about you?  Maybe you've taught yourself a new language, how to play a musical instrument or some other fun thing.

2. flashmakeit profile image70
    flashmakeitposted 5 years ago

I taught myself how to play chess and I am trying to teach myself php.  I am getting ready to go to school for Adobe flash.

3. Volitans profile image82
    Volitansposted 5 years ago

I taught myself Go when I was in my second year of college. It almost turned into a mistake, as I became completely obsessed with the game and almost failed several classes because I skipped them to play Go.

I also taught myself to solder when I decided to build an LED aquarium light for myself.

4. kristyleann profile image61
    kristyleannposted 5 years ago

I also taught myself HTML in high school, but unfortunately I've forgotten almost all of it.

I'm an artist and although I did study art in college for about a year, everything up until that point was self taught. From the time I was in middle school I started reading everything I could about art techniques and stuff like that.

I'm very, very interested in the medical field. I've taken a lot of classes and worked as an EMT and a CNA but I've learned quite a bit of stuff on my own just by reading. I don't know if that really counts as something self taught, since I technically am not really in any kind of position to "apply" the knowledge in any way.

I've been trying to learn Spanish on a site called Duolingo. I actually learned about that site from a hub...I think it was called "Learn a second language and help translate the internet" or something like that. I'm not making much progress but I know a little more than I did...so that is something, I guess lol

5. phillippeengel profile image80
    phillippeengelposted 5 years ago

I learned how to do magic tricks. These are such useful things to do in front of my family, eradicating the boredom of humbug life and making miracles like magic.

6. joanwz profile image75
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

I taught myself to cook beyond the basics my mom taught me, sewing, crocheting