jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

The spread of Ebola in the U.S.: how do you feel about the response and decision

1. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

The spread of Ebola in the U.S.: how do you feel about the response and decisions of the CDC..

and the Obama administration regarding the spread of this deadly disease in this country.? Do their failures to contain the disease here stem from medical ignorance, politically correct over-sensitivity or something else? And what protocols do you feel should be implemented to battle the continued spread of Ebola?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/11900814_f260.jpg

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

How about we start with not taking anyone back in the country that has it? Also if Texas screwed up, why are we going to risk spreading it to another zone by going to Atlanta? I feel nervous and like I am being lied to as usual by my government.I don't want to be insensitive but we have to stop letting anyone go to areas that are having outbreaks. We have to stop letting anyone come back who ignores the warnings and go anyway.
    I don't think it would be handled any different under a different president. None of them tell the truth!

bethperryposted 3 years agoin reply to this

peeples, you make an excellent point on the containment. What I wonder: with all the unpopulated islands that can be used to set up private treatment centers -and which are available to the U.S.- why aren't they being utilized?

2. peeples profile image94
      peeplesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That's actually something I hadn't thought of. Islands might work. Ghost towns also if they could figure out how to isolate.

3. Ashley Ryan P profile image80
    Ashley Ryan Pposted 3 years ago

I'm appalled by it, to be frank. Everyone has just been so lazy in regards to it. I'm only 2 hours away from Dallas and we constantly have people commuting back and forth, including children. The media has scared the living daylights out of me. Now, if I didn't have children then I probably wouldn't pay any mind to it ...but my kids' school just recently released information to us stating that their trips to and from Dallas will be closely monitored. Oh. You don't say?

Everyone screws up here and there, but this was just absolute stupidity on everyone's part. The CDC for letting the second nurse travel. The hospital for not taking proper measures in quarantining everyone and following protocols, the CDC also, once again, for not giving out the protocols (per the hospital). The hospital for not taking in Duncan the first few times he went up there. Obama, too, for assuring America that it wouldn't reach our shores and IF it did then we'd be well prepared. Well, now who looks like an idiot.

If it gets any closer to my house, I will be ripping my kids out of school in a heartbeat and locking all of us up in our home since the government clearly doesn't know how to contain a virus.

(in my Nancy Grace voice) Bank on it, buddy!

bethperryposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Ashley, I sure wouldn't blame you! Good luck hon, and you're in my thoughts.

working