jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What do u felt about the fact people are aging so slowly these days?

1. profile image61
    peter565posted 3 years ago

What do u felt about the fact people are aging so slowly these days?

People seems age slower, with every passing generation.  More people in their 40s today, still looks  young. A lot of gen Y, now in their mid 30s or late 20s, still looks 17.  It is also more difficult to tell people's age, as a result.  (I use to date this girl, 27, studying her MBA, looks 16.  I was 1 year older then her.  When we first met, she thought I was 18. I was not into her when we first met because, I thought she is a kid, then I realized she is 27, that change everything? [She ain't a kid and is sooo hot!!!]) What do you fell about the fact people today are aging so slowly?

2. C.V.Rajan profile image78
    C.V.Rajanposted 3 years ago

I don't think people are aging slowly. I think make-up accessories, skin-care products etc are so much available in the market that people make use of them to "look younger".

If you take longevity, yes. Due to improved healthcare, people do live much longer and mostly with no specific benefit associated with it!!

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

I believe it's a combination of genes and effort to look one's best. Several previous generations didn't put a lot of work into stemming off the appearance of aging as much as people do today.
    Having said that age 27 has never looked old on anyone. Today there are lots of women in their 40s and 50s who look incredible. When I was growing up women in the age group mostly did not dye their hair, none of them had a regular exercise routine, or invested hardly any money into beauty treatments. Most looked forward to baking cookies and spending time with their grandchildren. There was no such thing as a "cougar".
    I think it's great that people are taking better care of themselves. However if one is a bible believer then we're not even scratching the surface. Adam lived to be 930 years old! And Noah didn't start having children until after he was past the age of 500! LOL!

1. profile image61
      peter565posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree 27 years old these day don't look too old.  In fact these days, most people look same age 17~35, very few people show sign of real aging till their 40s

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I agree with CV. I think a lot of the younger looks come out of a bottle, especially when you're looking at women. I know a lot of women my age who look at least ten years younger, but on taking a closer look you can see the makeup. Will they still look so young when they get home and take off the makeup?

1. profile image61
      peter565posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Good point, lots of women look young due to e.g. bot-ox and makeup especially middle age. But some, don't age. I know because my mum is 57 and don't age either, she got gray now, which give away her age, but when she wear a hat, she look in her 30s

working