jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Is education valuable anymore?

1. SecretLuv profile image60
    SecretLuvposted 2 years ago

Is education valuable anymore?

So many people are in college and struggling to pay off loans, but has it become worth it now to get an education?

2. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

Answering the first question Education is definitely valuable. It is and has importance. The second statement followed with the question regarding worth I cannot answer as it is a variable based on an individual. Those are extrinsic values being compared to intrinsic costs. I wish I could easily explain that, however for most it simply requires pondering with thought as well as myself :-)

SecretLuvposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I understand where your coming from because the answer is not simply a yes or no.

3. Holly Jenkins profile image60
    Holly Jenkinsposted 2 years ago

Knowledge is power. No one can take it from you. Therefore, it is valuable. As for is it worth the expense? Well, I think it depends on your desired career path.

I agree with you Holly. The reason I asked the question is because there are so many people that work in an area that has nothing to do with the degree that they had originally went to school for.

4. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

yes, education is still important, regardless of subject or course. secondly, everyone is struggling to pay off the loan but in singapore you are allowed to study first and pay later after you had found a job with NO interest.

The expense of an education continues to rise and the amount of debt that people have to pay back when they finish the degree never seems to decrease, but many of these loans do incur interest.

5. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

Only if you get a degree with marketable skills, like the skilled trades or medicine.
    But getting a college degree to have a four year degree because the job requires any four year degree is dying, simply because it is unaffordable and unsustainable.

working