jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Is the natural guard and the FBI in baltimore really needed in the riot?

1. SilentMagenta profile image71
    SilentMagentaposted 2 years ago

Is the natural guard and the FBI in baltimore really needed in the riot?

Especially with kids being involved.

2. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 2 years ago

As far as I know, that is their job...to protect citizens who are or will be harmed within our own borders.  IMHO they should have been called in way before they were.  I also understand that most of the rioters were High School age.  They started the rioting in the liquor store and it should have stopped right there.  Most of those "kids" were drunk.  Their pictures are all over the internet and the dumbest thing is that some of them confessed to looting on social media.  They wanted attention, but how they got it was at the expense of their neighborhood, los of jobs, live and their very own trust from their community.  Who know if they killed the people who were managers and/or employees in those places that they burned.  It is simply stupid what they did.  Revenge serves no one and neigther does violence.  It destroys everything and everyone.

SilentMagentaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

So who will be there to protect the youth from the police? I don't know about anyone else but I am beginning to believe at 5 we should teach the youth the position as well. I feel like we are being hunted.

Lady Guinevereposted 2 years agoin reply to this

It they did it right in the first place they should have had all the schools in the are on LOCKDOWN until things calmed down.  Not ALL cops are bad, just a few.  The educational system for cops should screen such individuals 1st.

3. SilentMagenta profile image71

Agreed.

3. DarkestDreams profile image60
    DarkestDreamsposted 2 years ago

I am not sure about the FBI, but the National Guard is definitely needed.  Too many buildings are being destroyed, and someone needs to step up to protect the citizens.

Protect the citizen from the police? Or the children?

Lady Guinevereposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Children are citizens too not a special population.

3. SilentMagenta profile image71

Ironically, citizens aren't the ones really being shoot by police. Youth black youth is being shoot.

working