How to choose a second language?

1. profile image54
    Sevenweiposted 2 years ago

How to choose a  second language?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12645466_f260.jpg

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image95
    DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago

Offhand, I would say it depends on your situation, and why you want to learn a second language.

Given that my heritage is half French, I studied French in school.  However, I really had no one to practice with, as my father did not remember much from his childhood, and the one aunt who remained fluent, I did not see terribly often.  So, I am not fluent--I speak it only a little bit.

Living in California, as I do--born and raised--Spanish would have been a much more useful language to have studied.

3. Phil Perez profile image81
    Phil Perezposted 2 years ago

You must consider factors when deciding a language.
    1. Work: Can it benefit you in some way?
    2. Country: Your country must have a secondary language.
    3. Friends: How many of your friends/family speak the same different language?
    4. Preference: What language personally appeals to you? (and why?)
    5. Significant Other: Does your 'lover' know a second language that has interested you?
    6. Language Difficulty: How quick are you to learn a new language, and, how difficult is it to learn compared to other languages around the world?

These are few of the many different factors to find a language that best suits you! You obviously don't need so many factors just the ones I've named to help you decide on a language. Good luck picking the language you desire!

working