What should be the basic stuff no one should miss while beginning wicca??

1. Cassandra Wicca profile image61
    Cassandra Wiccaposted 19 months ago

What should be the basic stuff no one should miss while beginning wicca??

Including the subtopics of wicca.....what should be focused???

2. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 19 months ago

I know nothing of Wicca, but some speak of it as a spiritual science. I feel that all faiths have many things in common.

My experience with Spirituality and Religion is that the first basic is a belief in Something Higher. Some speak of the Self or Truth or Atman, or use similar names, others actually speak of God/Allah/Brahman ...meaning the same or similar. This is the first basic. Put another way, a search for meaning; for life's purpose.

Two: How do I do this; what are the principles to be applied? Again this is more common to many than we think. Some say prayer; meditation, music and dance, hugging, passing of the energies...some call it spiritual practices, encompassing these plus much more.

Third is the practical way. Selfless service, love or soulful giving ... some speak of rituals ...

Fourth. Being with like-minded people: Reading, sharing, exchanging ideas...

Fifth. There are higher levels such as continence, fasting and again this may differ from one to the other but there are similiarities. What are the basics to you? Patanjali says that the basics should be a desire to be good and do good, and that without this, we are wasting our time.

A bit like the Sermon on The Mount. he calls it Yama/Niyama, translated crudely as Do's and Don't's but is much more involved. Ok. 'Nuff for now.

3. nochance profile image92
    nochanceposted 19 months ago

Do as you will but harm none. Be confident in your body and in your spirit. Respect nature and others.

working