Are we alone?
Is earth the only place with habitable life?
1. There's no way of knowing this. If they are a million light years away right now, they might as well not exist. If they died out a million years ago or are still in hunter / gatherer phase now, we'll never meet.
2. Life could be based on methane or nitrogen, but then any intelligent life from those biochemistries would have no interest in Earth. Then you don't get contact.
3. Larry Niven wrote a great piece that water worlds are likely abundant - and intelligent dolphins and octopi will never build space ships or make contact. And they could even be our neighbors and we might never know.
4. If the intelligent aliens are like koalas, limited to a small area of their planet, they'll exist but never build the technological base to travel.
5. If there is a tendency to study the worlds within, as we're seeing with virtual reality sapping interest in actual space travel, that alone could explain why many aliens stayed home.
by PFrutuosa 7 years ago
I would love to know your opinion about the existence of intelligent life in the cosmos. I really belive we´re not alone but some of my friends joke with me because of that.Do you belive or not belive? And why?
by qwark 8 years ago
Is OUR universe unique?
by Thomas Byers 5 years ago
Do You Believe In Aliens? Do You Think We Are Alone?Do you believe in Aliens from outer space. Do you think they will some day show up here on earth. You know I really thought that by this point in my life ( age 62 ) that aliens from outer space would have already showed up here on earth. It does...
by Latifah 3 years ago
Do you think we're alone in this universe?as much as I would love to say yes without even thinking, but I always tend to hesitate, I know that so far we haven't found any other creatures out there, but the universe is so huge, so that raise a big question for me.
by Krzysztof Willman 3 years ago
Is it okay to never want to get married and will society accept it?
by Helen Murphy Howell 6 years ago
Why do so many of us need glasses/contact lenses or whatever? Even although there are billions of humans on this planet, there is still a high proportion of us who need some form of correction for poor eyesight - from a young age and not just when getting older. Do you think that human beings have...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|