Pop Culture Quiz: Name That Monkey
Can you identify these monkeys?
So, you think you know your famous monkeys, eh? Take this quiz and see just how many monkeys (and apes) you know by name.
You've seen your share of King Kong, and played your share of Donkey Kong, but can you identify these 15 famous primates?
The Monkey Quiz
view quiz statistics
Monkey Trivia - Did You Know?
- Did you know Superman had a Kryptonian chimp named Beppo?
It's true. He had a cape and everything.
- Did you know that the monkey from Friends went on to do Outbreak with Dustin Hoffman?
As pointed out on this site, his movie was more successful than most of theirs!
- Did you know that the Monkey in the Pirates of the Carribean movies was played by 3 capuchians?
Keira Knightley said of the monkey, "Oh, and that monkey! I want...to stuff...the monkey!"
- Did you know that NBC's The Today Show had a chimp as a mascot named J. Fred Muggs?
From 1953 to 1957
- A bad-tempered chimpanzee named TiÃ£o came in third in the 1988 vote for mayor of Rio de Janeiro?
He was nominated by the fictional Brazilian Banana Party and received 400,000 actual votes with the slogan "Vote monkey - get monkey"
Monkey Falls Out of a Tree - A Funny Monkey Video
This is classic video of the poor little monkey who underestimated his own body.
How well did you know the monkeys? What was your score?