Inspiring and Thought-Provoking Quotes From Famous People
Words have power. In fact, they are the most powerful weapons in the world than guns, arrows and missiles. Words can build someone up and at the same time tear someone down. They can encourage someone and at the same time discourage someone.
Words can inspire, motivate and uplift someone’s spirits to persevere, to hold on, not to give up. They can help to renew someone’s hope, enable a person tp push on despite the challenges or obstacles facing the person.
The following are inspiring, motivating and thought-provoking quotes from famous people who made a difference not only in a specific country but all over the world. It is my prayer the quotes will encourage, uplift your spirits, motivate you and make you to think hard.
Quotes from Nelson Mandela
- A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
- I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
- Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
- Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do.
- A fundamental concern for others in our individual and community lives would go a long way in making the world the better place we so passionately dream of.
- Real leaders must be ready to sacrifice all for the freedom of their people.
- It always seem impossible until it’s done.
Quotes from Abraham Lincoln
- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
- Those who look for the bad in people will surely find it.
- Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.
- Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.
- Whatever you are, be a good one.
- You can fool all the people some of the time, and some people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
- Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
- Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.
- Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.
Quotes from Mother Teresa
- Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
- Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.
- The most terrible poverty is loneliness, and the feeling of being unloved.
- Live simply so others may simply live.
- If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.
- Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.
- Let us make one point that we meet each other with a smile, when it is difficult to smile. Smile at each other, make time for each other in your family.
- I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.
Quotes from Princess Diana of Wales
- Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.
- The biggest disease this day and age is that of people feeling unloved.
- Life is just a journey.
- Hugs can do great amounts of good – especially for children.
- The biggest disease the world suffers in this day and age is that of people feeling unloved.
- Everyone needs to be valued. Everyone has the potential to give something back.
- When you are happy you can forgive a great deal.
- Whoever is in the distress can call me. I will come running wherever they are.
- The greatest problem in the world today is intolerance. Everyone is so intolerant of each other.
Quotes from Martin Luther King
- I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
- Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.
- Nothing in the world is so more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
- In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends.
- The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.
- We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
- If you cannot fly then run, if you cannot run then walk, if you cannot walk then crawl but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.
- Not everyone can be famous but everybody can be great, because greatness is determined by service.
People talk of the sacrifice I have made in spending so much of my life in Africa. It is emphatically no sacrifice. Say rather it is a privilege.
If you have men who will only come if they know there is a good road, I don’t want them. I want men who will come if there is no road at all.
I determined never to stop until I had come to the end and achieved my purpose.
I’ll go anywhere as long as it’s forward.
A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have.
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.
Be sure to put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.
Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them.
I will prepare and some day my chance will come.
In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
Whatever you are, be a good one.
If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend six hours sharpening my axe.
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one’s mouth and remove all doubt
Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk infront of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.
Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken.
There are causes worth dying for, but none worth killing for.
I have no idea what’s awaiting me, or what will happen when this all ends. For the moment I know this: there are sick people and they need curing.
I would rather live my life as if there is God and die to find out there isn’t, than live my life as if there isn’t and die to find out there is.
How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.
Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.
Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.
No one has ever become poor by giving.
Where there’s hope, there’s life. It fills us with fresh courage and makes us strong again.
In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.
People can tell you to keep your mouth shut, but that doesn’t stop you from having your own opinion.
The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be.
People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.
Rich people have small TVs and big libraries, and poor people have small libraries and big TVs.
You can have everything in life that you want if you just give enough other people what they want.
A lot of people have gone further than they thought they could because someone else thought they could.
The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want right now.