Wrinkles Retro Toy
Remembering Wrinkles the Toy Dog
Wrinkles was a puppet/ plush toy dog popular in the 1980s.
I've had my Ganz Bros. Heritage Collection Wrinkles since I was six years old. I don't remember who gave Wrinkles to me (Mom says it was either Santa or her).
Wrinkles is tattered and a tad dirty. She's lost her cute hair bands that went around each ear, her cute dress and underwear, but not her sparkle. My Wrinkles toy dog has been with me for over twenty years, and I will probably keep her forever. She is the one toy that I kept, and for some strange reason brings me comfort. Maybe Wrinkles reminds me of the innocent days of childhood or maybe something else. If you read further you will learn more about Wrinkles the cute 80's retro stuffed animal.
Guess who's on Facebook?
You guessed it! Wrinkles.
Click Wrinkles to see Wrinkles' Facebook page.
Retro Toy Wrinkles Facts - About Ganz Bros. Hertiage Wrinkles
- In the 80's Ganz, a canadian toy manufacturer, produced a line of stuffed animals called Wrinkles.
- The Wrinkles line was part of the Ganz Heritage Collection. It has been discontinued by the company.
- The Wrinkles puppet was created by Senitt Puppets in Carnarvon, Ontario Canada.
- The design for Wrinkles was based on the Shar Pei breed of dog.
Wrinkles Question - My favorite stuffed dog
Did you have a Wrinkles?
Wrinkles Commercial - Learn more about the Wrinkles Toy
Is Your Wrinkles Authenic?
Do you have a genuine Ganz Bros. Wrinkles?
Does it have a dog tag with ID#?
What about the Wrinkles trademark logo under the ear?
How to Clean Your Wrinkles - Make Wrinkles Look His/Her Best
If you want to keep your Wrinkles in good condition you need to take care of Wrinkles much like you would a real dog. Well, you would not have to feed him or maybe that's the exact reason you have to clean him.
My Wrinkles had never been cleaned and has accumilated a lot of stains and wear and tear so it was about time she had a bath. My first impulse was to throw her in the washer, until someone told me I was nuts. Determined I was taking the right course of action I set out to research how to clean Wrinkles and to prove I had the right idea.
What I found out was that I was wrong. Puttng your Wrinkles in the washer and dryer is not a good idea. You could try it but it was supposed to be a last resort because Wrinkles could be destroyed in the wash. It was not recommended for people's favorite stuffed toys.
Belows finds some helpful tips on cleaning your Wrinkles.
- To get rid of bacteria and other unpleasant things put your Wrinkles in the freezer for 42 hours.
- Put Wrinkles in a zip lock bag with about 4 tsp or baking soda and shake up the bag. Do this to deorderize Wrinkles. Use a vacuum attachment to get rid of any traces of baking soda.
- Give Wrinkles a sponge bath with soap and water.
- Hang to dry for a couple of days. Do not put Wrinkles into a dryer,
Wrinkles Group - Connect with people over your Wrinkles
- Wrinkles Yahoo Group
ganzbroswrinkles: Ganzbros Wrinkles - A place to discuss the Ganzbros Wrinkles!
Any Wrinkles memories?