Famous People Say the Dumbest Things
Celebrities and public figures are some of the most interesting people. Celebrities range from actors, singers, athletes, politicians, and mostly of people who haven't worked a real job a day in their lives. They inspire, motivate, and entertain us. Some of them can be entertaining just from the numskull things they say. Let's cruise down the list of 10 of the dumbest celebrity quotes ever, in no particular order.
10. Marion Barry: "If you take out the killings, Washington actually has a very very low crime rate"
Gee, thanks Mr. Barry for that ringing endorsement of our nation's capital. For a good laugh, we all need someone who is ridiculously clueless. We can always count on the long time Washington D.C. mayor for a gem like this.
9. Brooke Shields: "Smoking kills, If you're killed you've lost a very important part of your life."
By no means am I a Rhodes Scholar, but I'm certain that if you're killed you lose all of your life, right? Thanks, Brooke.
8. Greg Norman: "I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father."
For years, I thought golfers were smarter than other athletes. Maybe not. Next.
7. Marion Barry: "I promise you a police car on every sidewalk."
Sorry, I couldn't resist. The sight of that alone is beyond hysterical. He has supplied too much quality material. A man of sincere generosity. Marion Barry is the gift that keeps on giving.
6. Britney Spears: "I am for the death penalty. Who commits terrible acts must get a fitting punishment. That way he learns the lesson for the next time."
Does anyone in Hollywood understand that death is FINAL?! This isn't the movies where Jason or Freddy dies in every movie and comes back again. Geez, moving on.
5. Joe Theismann: "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
Oh, boy. In all seriousness, who in the hell doesn't know who Albert Einstein is? I guess these old football players do suffer from brain trauma after all.
4. Paris Hilton: "Wal-Mart.... do they like make walls there?"
Thank goodness Paris Hilton isn't relevant anymore. Any list acknowledging dumbness has to have her on it. I'm sure you understand.
3. Joe Biden: "Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya."
For those who don't know, Mr. Biden was referring to Senator Chuck Graham who is confined to a wheelchair. That would be like telling Stevie Wonder to look at the man wearing a brown hat, blue tie, and green jacket as he rides a yellow tricycle.
2. Dan Quayle: "I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix."
Okay, Danny Boy. First, you couldn't spell potato. Now this. At one point he was a heartbeat away from running this country. He makes Joe Biden look like Norman, oops I mean Albert Einstein.
1. Mariah Carey: "Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that but not with all those flies and death and stuff."
It started out as a heartfelt statement but veered off course quickly. I haven't heard anything as dumb, asinine, and pathetic as this. Hey Mariah, do us all a favor, please? When you're not singing, SHUT UP!
That's all folks. This list could've gone to 100 but I think a well rounded 10 will do. Celebrities don't you love them? Who knew they could be the source of some good humor? As long as they continue to speak like this, we'll shake our heads and laugh at the same time.