- Entertainment and Media»
- Movies & Movie Reviews
11 reasons why Bahubali: The beginning is a must watch!
Bahubali - The Beginning Hindi DVD
Bahubali: The beginning is without doubt, the best Hindi movie I have seen till date. The movie has broken all records and is garnering accolades across the country due to its pan-India appeal, amazing visual effects, engaging storyline and power-packed performances. It is the most expensive movie in the history of Indian Cinema till date.
The film is made in Telugu and dubbed into other languages including French. It features Rana Daggubati, Prabhas Varma, Anushka Shetty, Ramya Krishnan and Tamannaah Bhatia in the lead roles. Directed by SS Rajamouli, the film narrates the story of two brothers who are fighting for a kingdom.
The mammoth scale of the film has become the talk of the nation- be it the sets or the props or visual effects. The film is a visual treat and nothing like this has ever been made in India before. No wonders that the film has broken all records at box office. 100 crores in just two days!
The film has a rating of 9.4 out of 10 in IMDB so far. Here are some interesting facts about the movie which make it a must watch:
1. ‘Baahubali’ is the costliest film ever that has been produced by Telugu Film Industry. The budget of Bahubali was about Rs 200 crore which exceeded and the actual cost of the movie is 250 crores. Nearly 10 per cent of the cost was for Prabhas, the main star who was paid a remuneration of Rs 20 crore for the film over a period of two and a half years.
2. There are 5000 VFX shots (visual effects) used in the entire film which gave it the massive appeal . 17 VFX AND 800+ technicians were invloved in this movie and the cost of VFX effects is a whopping sum of 85 crores.The VFX team of Bahubali and Jurassic World is the same!
3. Both Prabhas and Rana Daggubati both worked out strenuously to get the muscular look required to play a great warrior. They consumed 40 egg whites daily for muscular body. Prabhas spent 1.5 crores on gym equipment only and even postponed his wedding for the movie.
4. The massive war scenes were shot at over a hundred acres of Ramoji Film City’s land . 20 acres of land was cultivated with maize crops to get the authentic shots for the movie.
5. It took two years and three days from the start of the shooting to the film releasing in theatres. Over 2000 junior artists were employed for the legendary war shots. Movie pre-production took one year which is the highest time period for any Indian movie.
6. For the war scenes, over 20,000 weapons were designed and used in Bahubali to give it a unique look.
7. It holds the Guinness Book of World Records for the largest poster which measured over 50,000 feet across. Another special attraction of the movie is the Bhallala Statue which is 125 feet high and needed four cranes to lift it up. The scene of the Bhallala Statue being erected took 12 days to shoot.
8. For the first time ever in India, a museum has been created for the film which will house all the weapons, armours and costumes used in the film.
9. A new language named 'KILIKI' with 750 words and 40 grammar rules was invented for the movie.
10. Bahubali is the only film which was featured on BBC's documentary on 100 years of cinema. Its trailer got 4.05 million views in just 24 hours on youtube.
11. And the most important reason to watch this movie is the impressive 9.4 rating by IMDB which is way ahead of the 7.8 rating given to 300.
The film has amazingly beautiful waterfall shots. The waterfall sequence was shot for 109 days. Apart from the battle scenes, the waterfall sequence captivates the audience with its sheer beauty. The waterfall is like a silent, mystical spectator who is pivotal in the lead actor's life.
It's such a beautiful and engaging movie that you will not feel bored for a single moment. The movie ends at such an interesting point that the audience is left brimming with curiosity for the next part. Yes, Bahubali- The beginning is the first part of the movie which will be concluded with the next part Bahubali- The conclusion which is expected to release in 2016. If you still haven't watched Bahubali yet, you are missing something- Go, grab your tickets and watch this brilliant movie at the earliest.
Should Bahubali- The beginning be India's next entry to Oscars?
Baahubali - The Beginning | Official Trailer
© 2015 Shaloo Walia