Superstition- A widely held but unjustified belief in supernatural causation leading to certain consequences of an action or event
How superstitious are you? you may believe in some common superstitions such as, a black cat crossing your path is bad luck or after spilling salt you have to throw it over your left shoulder to keep away the devil. But, their are many other superstitions that have been created over the years that you were probably never aware of. I've picked out a handful of my favorites and i'll share these with you in the list below. And who knows maybe you'll find the cause of your good/bad luck or a pick up a new superstition.
1. If a friend gives you a knife, you should give him a coin, or your friendship will be doomed.
2. Never place shoes on a table as it means bad luck for the remainder of the day.
3. Cover your mouth when you yawn or else your soul will slip out and it may be replaced by a spirit or the devil.
4. Rosemary in a pillow case will ward off demons and prevent bad dreams.
5. When your ears itch someone is talking about you, if it's the left they are saying positive things, if it's the right they are saying negative things.
6. If pursued at night by an evil spirit, or the ghost of one dead, and you hear footsteps behind you. try and reach a stream of running water, for if you can cross it, no devil or ghost will be able to follow you.
7. A dog eating grass predicts rain ( my dog eats grass all the time, I've heard that it helps soothe their stomach if they feel sick ).
8. You must hold your breath while going past a cemetery or you will breathe in the spirit of someone who has recently died ( my friend and I actually know this one and we used to do this every time we passed a cemetery).
9. The spouse who goes to sleep first on the wedding day will be the first to die.
10. It's bad luck to count the cars in a funeral cortege.
11. The most unlucky card to hold in one's hand is the four of clubs ( remember this next time your in Las Vegas ).
12. Don’t hit anyone with a broom, or it will make him or her lazy.
13. Rubbing rabbit's blood into the skin will get rid of freckles.
14. If a bee enters your home, it's a sign that you will soon have a visitor. If you kill the bee, you will have bad luck, or the visitor will be unpleasant.
15. If three people are photographed together, the one in the middle will die first.
16. It is bad luck to light three cigarettes from the same match.
17. If a bird flies into your home then it is an omen of death ( I have had several birds in my house and nobodies died yet ).
18. Dropping a pair of scissors is said to warn that a lover is unfaithful
19. If the finger or toe nails of an infant are cut previous to the age of 12 months, it will prove a thief in mature age.
20. A bunch of mint tied round the wrist keeps off infection and disease.
Hope you enjoyed.