- Entertainment and Media»
10 (Pre-Millenium) Happy Music Videos
1) “Goody Two Shoes” Adam Ant
The upbeat tune mixed with Ant’s never-ending energy always makes me want to get up and move.
2) “Alright” Supergrass
Everything about this song is intended to make you “feel all right”, including the happy video.
3) “Blame it on the Boogie” Jackson 5
It has Michael Jackson in a shirt with a star, dancing shoes, and rainbows. If this doesn’t make you happy, I don’t know what will.
4) “Freezeframe” J. Geils Band
This always makes me want to have a paint party
5) “In the Summertime” Mungo Jerry
The whistling song is happy itself, but the video blissfully matches. Even though the majority of the video is a face close-up, there is a guy blowing plastic jugs
6) “Charlie Brown” the Coasters
Many critics will tell you that music videos start with the broadcast of MTV. I argue that many concepts have been performed on stage and recorded in video even before then, such as this adorable classic.
7) “Wake me up! Before you go-go” Wham!
I can’t help but love George Michael.
8) “I can’t Dance” Genesis
It’s just a funny story interlocked with catchy dance.
9) “Rock the Casbah” The Clash
It has a Jewish man and Muslim being happy together.
10) “Everything about you” Ugly Kid Joe
There’s no way those instruments are plugged in, but it’s obvious that they are having fun on the beach.
- “Steal my Sunshine” LEN
- “Just a Gigolo” David Lee Roth