A Solo Beatles Trivia Quiz
It's been 41 years since The Beatles officially split up. The Fab Four's solo careers have included benefit concerts, movies, and of course, audio recordings. Try your hand at some solo Beatles trivia, and see if like the lads, you'll be heading to "the toppermost of the poppermost".
1) The last U.S. number one hit from an ex-Beatle came in 1987. Who recorded it?
2) Which ex-Bond girl married Ringo Starr in 1981?
3) What was the title of the 1984 posthumously released follow up album to John Lennon and Yoko Ono's "Double Fantasy"?
4) In 1995, RIngo Starr and The Monkees appeared in a U.S. commercial for which pizza chain-Pizza Hut, Domino's, or Little Caesars?
5) Which ex-Beatle headlined a 1992 benefit concert for England's Natural Law political party?
6) Which famed painter was the subject of a song on the Paul McCartney and Wings album, "Band on the Run"?
7) Which member of the Eagles is Ringo Starr's brother in law?
8) George Harrison provided the guitar solo for "Leave A Light On", a 1989 hit by which Go-Go?
9) Paul McCartney's last top ten U.S. hit, 1985's "Spies Like Us", was from the soundtrack of a film starring Dan Aykroyd and which other ex-"Saturday Night Live" performer?
10) Paul McCartney ended London's portion of 1985 "Live Aid" concert with which Beatles classic?
11) In 1989, Ringo Starr and which country music legend teamed up for a duet version of "Act Naturally"?
12) In 2004, Paul McCartney and then-wife Heather Mills appeared as contestants on which UK game show-"Deal or No Deal", "The Weakest Link", or "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire"?
13) Which ex-Beatle co-wrote David Bowie's 1975 U.S. number one hit, "Fame"?
14) Which Oscar winner directed the 2011 documentary about George Harrison, "Living in the Material World"?
15) In 1972, John Lennon and Yoko Ono co-hosted a week of this host's U.S. talk show-Johnny Carson, Mike Douglas, or Merv Griffin?
1) George Harrison. The song was "Got My Mind Set on You", first recorded by Rudy Clark in 1962.
2) Barbara Bach. The couple met while filming the comedy, "Caveman".
3) "Milk and Honey". "Milk and Honey" was released in the U.S. on the Polydor label, while "Double Fantasy" came out on the Geffen label.
4) Pizza Hut. Starr also appeared in commercials for Schweppes, Century 21, Charles Schwab, and more.
5) George Harrison. The show took place at London's Royal Albert Hall, and featured a guest appearance from Ringo Starr on "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" and "Roll Over Beethoven".
6) Pablo Picasso. The song was titled, "Picasso's Last Words".
7) Joe Walsh. He married Marjorie Bach, sister of Starr's wife Barbara, in 2008.
8) Belinda Carlisle. The song was the first track on her album, "Runaway Horses".
9) Chevy Chase. The song was produced by McCartney, Phil Ramone, and Hugh Padgham.
10) "Let It Be". Unfortunately, the sound cut out during his performance of the song.
11) Buck Owens. Owens and his group, The Buckaroos, topped the U.S. country chart in 1963 with the song, with The Beatles version released in 1965.
12) "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire". The couple won 32 thousand pounds for the Adopt-a-Minefield charity.
13) John Lennon. He co-wrote the song with Bowie and guitarist Carlos Alomar.
14) Martin Scorsese. He previously directed documentaries on Bob Dylan and The Rolling Stones.
15) Mike Douglas. Guests on the program that week included Black Panthers co-founder Bobby Seale, Yippie Jerry Rubin, and Chuck Berry.