Ballet on HubPages
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Do Ballet
There are many reasons to take up ballet, even if you never plan to take the stage!
- The Benefits of Ballet Lessons for Adults
Yes, even adults can learn ballet, and you don't have to be super-flexible to join. There are many fitness benefits of ballet at any age
- Diary of an Adult Ballet Student
An inside look at adult ballet classes by a student
- How is the Vaganova System Different from the English RAD System?
A controversial look at the famous Russian method of teaching ballet, compared to the most popular British method.
- The Tutu: How to Choose and Care for a Ballet Tutu
Ballet tutus are expensive and it's important to understand how to look after it and prolong its life
Dancing en Pointe
- Pointe Shoe Fitting: Foot Shape
Understanding your foot shape is essential if you want to find a pair of pointe shoes that truly suit your feet.
- Gaynor Mindens - the lazy dancer's shoe?
There is a lot of prejudice against Gaynor Minden pointe shoes. Is it fair, or is it just that ballet teachers are traditionalists and don't like change? The main criticism of Gaynor Mindens is that they...
- A Script for Body Language | Choreology
Have you ever wondered how ballet is written down? Choreology is the answer!
- Contemporary ballet
While the average person thinks of ballet as graceful ballerinas in white tutus, modern ballet is about much more than Swan Lake and Sleeping Beauty
- Ballerina: A Look at Ballet Today and Yesterday
An overview of ballet history
- Margot Fonteyn - the greatest ballerina of the 20th Century?
Was Margot Fonteyn the greatest ballerina of the 20th century? I think so. It's a great pity current generations have no way to judge her greatness. I say that because even though it's well worth seeing the...
- Men's Dancewear - Ballet Wear for Men
Male ballet dancers have never been as well served by men's dancewear as female dancers. From researching my male dance friends, it seems that finding basic things ...
- Great Gifts for Girls Who Love Ballet
Ballet girls tend to be obsessive about their dancing and love anything ballet-related for Christmas or birthdays - here are some ideas.
- Degas' sculpture of The Little Dancer
Degas is famous for his artwork of ballet dancers, and this sculpture is possibly the most famous of all.
- Buy Nao by Lladro Ballerina Figurine - Ballet Dancer
Lladro is a maker of ceramic figures, known for their delicacy and beauty - ideal to portray the grace of a ballerina
- Free Coloring Pages - Ballerina Ballet
A lovely gift idea for the young dancer
I have to say I was disappointed with the quality of ballet articles on HubPages, and have decided not to include some of them for that reason. I've also omitted some otherwise good articles promoting a book called The Ballet Bible - I haven't read it myself, but I do know a respected ballet teacher who reviewed it and gave it a big thumbs down.
If you feel you have a good quality, informative ballet article that I've missed, please let me know.
© 2010 Kate Swanson