Celebrity Cats - A Trivia Quiz
Cats are very popular pets. My family and I have several, and we spoil them terribly. And it seems you can’t even go to Facebook or your favorite forums without someone posting photos of their own treasured felines. Despite their reputation for independence and finicky ways, cats are great companions - often hailed as superior to dogs (usually by their prejudiced owners, of course!)
The following trivia quiz is all about famous and celebrity felines, from real cats to our favorite fictional ones. If you’d like to play along, the rules are simple: get out a sheet of paper and pencil or pen. Number your paper 1-16. Scroll down to the Questions section and read the first trivia question, and from the choice of four answer choices, select one. Mark this on your paper and proceed to the next question. Below the Questions section is the Answers section, where you’ll check to see how many correct answers you got. Each correct answer 1-15 is worth 10 points, while question #16 (bonus question) is worth 50 points, making for a potential perfect score of 200 points.
Good luck and have fun!
1. Morris the Cat was the company “spokesperson” for brand of pet food?
a. Little Friskies
b. 9 Lives
2. This cat is popularly known by what Meme name?
a. Urban Feline
b. Herk the Snerk
c. Grumpy Cat
d. Bad Luck Brian
3. The genus of feline called Smilodon is commonly known by what name?
a. Saber-toothed Tiger
c. common house cat
d. Cheshire Cat
4. Winnie the Pooh’s friend, Tigger, is especially fond of what exercise?
d. remote control clicking
5. This cute kitten, named Mimsie, was used for the MTM productions logo. What does MTM stand for?
a. Meredith, Todd and Milner
b. Mary Tyler Moore
c. Music Television Movement
d. Myla Twerked Me
6. The popular Japanese good luck charm of a waving cat is called what?
d. Mean ole Puddy Tat
7. What is the name of the Christ-like lion king in C.S. Lewis’s The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (from The Chronicles of Narnia series)?
d. Uncle Scar
8. This famed Loony Tunes pair has captured the hearts of America for decades. The dog’s name is Marc Anthony; what is the name of his beloved kitten?
9. The comic strip cat, Garfield, lives in the same house with what dog?
10. What is the name of this popular Japanese comic/art icon/toy figure?
a. Flair Kat
c. Hello Kitty
d. Smelly Cat
11. In the classic Tom & Jerry cartoons, Tom repeatedly had run-ins with what hefty, macho dog?
12. U.S. President Bill Clinton adopted this handsome stray while living in the White House. What was the cat’s name?
a. Van Dyke
d. Beaver Bait
13. What is the name of MGM studio’s famous logo cat?
14. In the “Austin Powers” film series, what was the name of Dr. Evil’s hairless cat?
b. Princess Primrose
c. Mr. Bigglesworth
d. Mr. Clean
15. In 2013, Opal – a Manitoba house cat- saved her owner’s life by doing what?
a. alerting her owner to a house fire
b. alerting her owner of an armed intruder
c. defending her owner from an attacking bear
d. performing emergency open-heart surgery on the owner
16. *Bonus Question* What Norse deity rides a chariot drawn by two loyal cats?
1. b. 9 Lives
2. c. Grumpy Cat
3. a. Saber-toothed Tiger
4. b. bouncing
5. b. Mary Tyler Moore
6. b. Maneki-neko
7. a. Aslan
8. b. Pussyfoot
9. a. Odie
10. c. Hello Kitty
11. b. Spike
12. c. Socks
13. a. Leo
14. c. Mr. Bigglesworth
15. a. alerting her owner to a house fire
16. (Bonus Question) a. Freyja
This Hub ©February 20, 2014 by Beth Perry