Danica Patrick - Car Race Driver
The Beautiful Danica Patrick - Car Race Driver
In a world of sports where men take center stage, Danica Patrick is a jewel. She exemplifies beauty and talent while doing her best in the world of car racing. She finished sixth in her debut at Daytona last week, February 6, 2010. She is also considered one of the most powerful women in NASCAR.
Danica Patrick is an American car race driver and one of the most beautiful woman in the world of sports ---- particularly in car racing. Born In Beloit, Wisconsin, USA on March 25, 1982, this 27 years old charmer grew up in Roscoe Illinois. She is married to Paul Hospenthal, == her former physical therapist and she met him when she was recovering from an injury in yoga.
Career Highlights of Danica Patrick - Her Achievements
She started her career at a young age
At age ten, she was into go-karting at the Sugar River Raceway in Brodhead, Wisconsin. She eventually won several World Karting Association championships, then she moved to UK at the age of 16 in order to advanced her racing career and to be trained as well.
Achievements of Danica Patrick
- The first woman to win in the Indy car race and with the amazing highest finish by a woman driver at the Indy 500.
- She competes in the Indy 500 and she placed 3rd in the 2009 "Indianapolis 500" which was her personal best at the track--
- She is currently racing with the Andretti Green Racing.
- As part of her NASCAR career, she will drive in a part-time schedule in the NASCAR nationwide series for JR MotorSports and her major sponsor GoDaddy.com.
- She finished sixth place in her first ever experienced driving the Chevrolet in an ARCA race last February 6, 2010 --The Daytona International Speedway.
Model and Spokeperson
- Danica is also a spokesperson for Go Daddy.com and appeared in their numerous Super Bowl commercial.
- She appeared in numerous covers in different magazines like the Sports Illustrated and Shape as a model.
Latest on Danica Patrick
- Dubbed as one of the most powerful women in NASCAR
- Danica ranked number 6 in her debut at Daytona, Febrary 2010
- Danica To Run Nationwide On Saturday ESPN --- After impressing during her ARCA debut, Danica Patrick will run the Nationwide Series race on Saturday at 1 p.m. ET on ESPN2
- USA Today- DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — Danica Patrick will make her NASCAR debut this weekend at DaytonaInternational Speedway, driving the No. 7 Chevrolet in Saturday's second-tier Nationwide Series race.
- She suffered car crash in the second lap of the Daytona 500 last February 2012 and he was back in the 66th lap
- Patrick spent the 2010 and 2011 seasons participating in the IndyCar and NASCAR's series,
- Recorded 5 top -5 and ten top -10 finishes
- Finished career best fifth in the overall points standings
- Finished best career third place in the Indy 500
- Finished 16 of 17 races
- Won twin ring Motegi in April 19 to become the first female to win a major closed course auto race
- Recorded three top five finishes and ten top ten finishes
- Finishes 15 of 17 races
- Finished 6th in overall points standings
- First season with AGR and racing the number 7 Motorola car
- Had eleven top ten finishes
- Finished career high 2nd at the Raceway at the Belle Isle on Sept 2nd
- Finished third at Nashville and Texas
- Finished 7th at the overall standings
- Had her best finished of fourth back to back at Nashville Speedway and the Milwaukee mile where she advanced ten positions
- Recorded other top ten six finishes
- Finished ninth in the overall standings despite sitting out the season opening race
- Voted Indy down force Most popular Driver for second consecutive season
- Named the USA Today and US Sports Academy’s Female Athlete of the Year
- Finished second in AP female Athlete of the year Poll
- Named in Yahoos third most searched athlete
- Started fourth and finished fourth at 89th Indianapolis 500 and earned Chases Rookie of the year honors. The highest star and finishing for a woman driver in the events history. Lead 19 laps. The first woman to lead at Indianapolis
- Win Bombardier Rookie of the Year award after finishing 12th in overall standings
- Recorded two top five and seven top ten finishes with best finish of fourth (Motegi and Indianapolis
- Earned three pole positions (Kentucky, Kansas, Chicagoland to tie Thomas Scheckters rookie record for pole position
Danica Patrick Official Website
The New York Times
Driver Data Base Website
Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indy 500