Facts about Taylor Swift
All those people out there claiming to be the biggest fans of Taylor Swift, do you people really are her biggest fans? Do you really know her that well, or rather at all? Memorizing the names of all of her songs and going to her concerts isn’t good enough. Not at all. To be a super-fan, you should have on your fingertips those facts about your favorite singer which nobody else knows. Those interesting little details that majority of the people just overlook and don’t bother to find out. But let me tell you this. Actually knowing about your idol is the biggest proof of your claims to be the ultimate fan. All the other wannabe fans… They’re just phony, right?
So I’ve compiled a decent list of some of the facts about Taylor Swift and as you will read, you will see that there is more to this Pennsylvanian beauty than meets the eye.
Personal Life Facts
- Taylor Swift was born on December 13, 1989 in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Nicknames include Tay, T-Swift, Swifty, T-Swizzle and T-Sweezy.
- Her parents’ names are Scott Swift and Andrea Swift, and her little brother’s name is Austin Swift.
- Her mother purposefully picked her name which could be used as both male and female.
- She can play a piano, guitar, banjo, ukulele and electric guitar but usually she plays a 12 string guitar, which she learned at the age of 12.
- At the age of 12, she wrote a 350 page novel also but never got it published. She has said that she would like to write her own biography.
- Swift went to a bible camp in 1996.
- She lives in a three-bedroom duplex penthouse in Tennessee, among some other places.
- She also owns a Dassault Falcon 900 private jet and an airport hangar.
- She has been involved in relationships with Joe Jonas, Taylor Lautner, John Mayer, Jake Gyllenhaal, Conor Kennedy and Harry Styles.
- Swift is “obsessed” with high heels but rarely wears them.
- She has really bad eyesight and has to wear contact lenses.
- Her biggest musical influence is Shania Twain, as well as her grandmother who was an opera singer.
- Taylor Swift has won 7 Grammy Awards, 11 American Music Awards and 6 Country Music Association Awards.
- She has released four albums so far, Taylor Swift, Speak Now, Fearless and Red.
- Her first ever job involved knocking out praying mantis pods out of Christmas trees, now she’s a millionaire.
- At 2009 Country Music Awards, she became the youngest ever recipient of Entertainer of the Year award.
- The first song she ever wrote was “So Happy”.
- She has written a total of over 200 songs.
- In 4th grade, she won the National Poetry Contest. The name of the poem was “Monster in my closet”.
- Swift made her acting debut as a rebellious teenager in a 2009 episode of CBS’s CSI: Crime Scene Investigation”.
- She made her feature film acting debut in the 2010 ensemble comedy “Valentine’s Day”.
- In the animated film, “The Lorax”, she has voiced the character of Audrey, a tree lover.
- She has stated that her backup career choice would be a forensic detective.
- Curly blonde hair, cowboy boots and long gowns/princess dresses are her trademarks.
- She considers herself as more of a songwriter than a singer and her songs usually tell a story, often related to her own life.
- In Maxim’s magazine’s “Hot 100”, she was ranked number 31, while in 2011 FHM list of “100 Sexiest Women in the World”, she was ranked number 61.
- She is a philanthropist and has been involved with numerous charities, as well as donating large sums of money for different causes.
- Taylor Swift is “terrified” at the thought of having a real tattoo.
- Her dad, Scott owns 3% of her record label.
- Taylor’s favorite food is cheesecake and favorite book is “To kill a mockingbird”.
- She likes to read about weird medical problems.
- She admits she sings her own songs while in the shower.
- She sang the National Anthem at a Philadelphia 76ers NBA game at the age of 11.
- Taylor likes to conduct baking experiments in her kitchen when bored.
- She is taller than most other female celebrities with a height of 5’11”.
- She is a 2% owner of the NBA Memphis Grizzlies.
- At high school, she used to be bullied but coped with it by writing songs that expressed her feelings.