- Entertainment and Media»
Fake Rod Stewart On Twitter Part 1
Fake Rod Stewarts On Twitter
This Twitter acct. is NOT the Rod Stewart that sings Maggie May!!! Here is the proof of this:
1) Rod Stewarts Official Myspace page http://www.myspace.com/rodstewart does not show a link for the Twitter name @rod_stewart & @rod_stewart does not show a link to any official Rod Stewart web site on his profile. Screen shot in photo section.
2) The location on his profile was not listed at first. Since then, it has been changed to Maine, N. Hampshire, Yorkshire(pudding), and now it's New Hampshire. Screen shot in photo section.
3) You will notice he rarely tweets @ replies, because he can't delete them. He never @ replies to people asking him where his next concert is, or asking if he is the "real Rod Stewart. He'd have a permanent record showing that he isn't who he wants you to believe.
4) If you tell him he is a fake, he will block you, lock his page & ask his followers to block/report you as Bots/Spam. I have a screen print where he told his followers to report us as a Bots/Spam. It was his way of stopping me from exposing him as a fraud. Instead I created this hubpage to show everyone that I am not a Bot and he is not Rod Steward the singer. (using more than 140 characters).
5) He thinks that by not saying he is not the singer that he is not "lying" to Twitterworld, and he can continue to "mislead" people. According to Twitters TOS, if he outright says he is Rod Stewart the singer, he will be banned. If the real Rod Stewart were to join Twitter, this fake would be gone in a heartbeat. My goal is to not let anyone get suckered into believing he is the real deal. I know some people who have been hurt when them found out he was a fake.
6) Recently he has told a chosen few, that he is not the singer; to protect his acct from suspension, but there has been no one I've spoken to that has known from the start. They were told after they followed his tweets for awhile. It didn't matter to them whether he was the singer or not. I have repeatedly told them to suggest he put in his bio, "I am not the singer", but of course he won't, because then he wouldn't get the following & the attention he is after.
7) He regularly locks his acct. I have screen prints showing the lock. Celebrities don't lock their accts from the public..they want the public there. He tells people that Twitter locked his acct. to service it. If Twitter did service it..It was to remove all the tweets where he slandered me & my friends, and the references that he is the real Rod Stewart. Whether they were removed by Twitter or him..only he knows, but they are all gone.
@CelebsAcrossWeb sent a message to @caroline 4 days ago. Caroline works for Twitter. They were asking about @rod_stewart being real or fake because they couldn't find the link on the Official MySpace page and they haven't been able to make contact with Rod Stewart or his agent yet. I will update on their findings when I know.
9) He tweeted about seeing Bill Clinton in Walmart. Funny thing, Bill was in North Korea when he said it. He also said Richard Gere faxed him with a vote for strawberry cheesecake. Do you really think Richard Gere would do that? Again I have the screen prints for you to see in photo section. I think this man is making a mockery out of the real Rod Stewart! He's sitting back & laughing at all the people he is fooling. I believe that no one has the right to impersonate anyone.
Since I have set out on my quest to expose this fake, I have found I now have my own imposter called @angelofrmcanada. http://www.twitter.com/angelofrmcanada Not only is his name similar to mine, but, he has adding my friends to his following list. (My friends are blocking him)The same thing happened to my friend, who was helping me spread the word about this fake. Coincidence? I think not!!!
Lets face it anyone who uses Twitter, will at sometime, reply to a celebrity tweet - in hopes that maybe that celebrity will tweet them back. I've received a few @ replies back and it makes you feel happy. To get a tweet back from an imposter...Well that does the opposite. It makes you angry to where you feel stupid for being so gullible. These are the reasons that I am on the mission to continue to expose this fake Rod Stewart for what he is!!!
Update: 8/25/09: @rod_stewart no longer impersonates the singer. He even has some of his followers tweet people back, that ask him questions having to do with the great singer, Rod Stewart. He had to stop the impersonation, to keep from losing his Twitter account.
Update: 3/3/17 The AMAZING Rod Stewart did join Twitter. His user name is @rodstewart