Fancy Dress Wings
Fancy Dress Wings
Wings have proved to be very popular and the trend seems to be that more and more people are purchasing wings as an easy dress up option.
Wings can be used for:
- Hen Nights
- School events such as World Book Day and school play's
- Bugs, such as lady bird and bumble bee's which are ideal for ugly bug balls
- Fairy costumes
- Angel costumes
- Halloween costumes such as bat's or bad witch or Fairies
All of the wings that we sell have elastic attached that fits around your arms, so basically each type of wing will fit anybody. They will even fit a man - so there is no excuse for your man not to go as The Sugar Plum Fairy!
Two notes of caution:
1) Impressive wing size is not always a plus point, and it is a good idea to scale down your wingspan to ensure you don't inconvenience others at your venue! The new Maleficent film shows this fairy-cum-sorceress, played by Angelina Jolie, with some impressive black wings on various occasions, but these do not feature of any official outfit.
2) When buying a fairy outfit (or similar) online or even in a shop, check that the price includes the wings! This may seem odd, but some manufacturer/suppliers think you might want to customise your fairy and hence have wings as a separate priced item. Don't be caught unawares - nothing worse than a flightless fairy!
Hen Night Wings
Wings have proven very popular for hen nights, it is a easy dressing up accessory to add a bit of fun to any hen night (bachelorette) party.
We supply many styles of wings for themed hen nights these include:
- 'Bride to Be'
- 'L' plate wings
- Fairy wings
- Padded pink wings
We also stock and supply many other hen night accessories these include:
- Feather Boa's
- Adult novelty items.
Wings for Bugs
Bugs and insect wings have been among one of the most popular themes, they make your costume in a simple and cost effective way.
Some Wings we supply with a bug or insect theme are:
- Bumble bee
We also supply some instant costumes with bug themes, take a look at the Ladybird costume below.
Angel and Fairy wings.
Angel and Fairy wings is not only a good theme for hen nights, parties and girls' nights out, but is also a easy theme for a Christmas party.
Angel and Fairy wings which we supply are:
- Over-sized large wings (although ensure your large wings won't cause you (or others inconvenience)
- Feathered wings
- Glitter wings
- Marabou trimmed wings.
Other accessories we supply to support this theme are:
Halloween and Gothic Wings
Our selection of gothic and Halloween wings means there is no need to go and spend money on a complete fancy dress costume, wearing a glamorous dress and adding a set of wings is a fancy dress costume which you will feel great in.
Wings in which we supply for this theme include:
- Black Feathered wings
- Bad witch wings
- Bat wings
- Gothic wings (those are the ones with curled ends)
- Naughty Fairy or angel wings.
Wearing these wings and adding some dark make up and a dark wig will make you stand out from the crowd.
Also look for a variation on the above styles using 'distressed fishnet' (that means it is more holey than usual) for 'fallen' or 'punk' angels.
Some links that may help...
- Fancy Dress Wings and Wands
For all your fancy dress wings and wands.
- How To Make Your Fairy Wings.
If you don't want to buy your fairy wings here is a step by step guide on how to make your own.
Fancy Dress Wands
A wand will complete your fairy or even an angel costume. We have a few variations from sequinned wands to those with a marabou trim, we even stock black wings for your bad fairy costumes.
I once was playing the Fairy Godmother in Cinderella and I made a small split in one of our padded wands (as in the image below). I then put some glitter in the split, so every time I waved my wand, a small amount of glitter came out creating the effect I was after. I had to refill the glitter after each scene but it was quite effective. It was a bad panto, but at least the Fairy Godmother looked okay! One work of warning though - glitter is great, but it does tend to get everywhere, so use discretion on where you use your glitter trick.
We have new items arriving weekly. The wings on the right show just a few of the new designs that are in stock for next working day delivery.
We also have a pretty butterfly wing set that includes a wand and matching wings in pink, lilac and green - see image below. These have been very popular with both adults and young girls.
If you cannot see what you are looking for, do not hesitate to contact us. We are available 7 days a week, either via email or by calling 01245 327156