Fascinating Random Facts
Why Are Random Facts so Fascinating?
Why are we so fascinated by strange random facts. Nobody really knows. As for me, I find them entertaining. Some of them are funny and make me laugh, while some are breathtaking. No matter why you like them there's no denying that as a whole almost all of us seem to be fascinated by strange, odd, weird, and funny facts.
We're Only Human Facts
- Eskimos use refrigerators to keep food FROM freezing.
- Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.
- Babe Ruth wore a cabbage leaf under his cap to keep him cool. He changed it every 2 innings.
- The first toilet ever seen on television was on “Leave It to Beaver”.
- The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time TV were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.
- On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily!
- Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a spacesuit damages them.
- It is impossible to lick your elbow.
- 20% of Americans think that the sun orbits around the Earth.
- 100% of all lottery winners gain weight.
- The chances of you dying on the way to get your lottery tickets is greater than your chances of winning.
- In 1977 a 13 year old boy had a tooth growing out of his left foot.
- One punishment for an adulterous wife in medieval France was to make her chase a chicken through town naked.
How Do They Know This Facts
- If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death.
- Nutmeg can extremely poisonous if injected intravenously.
- A goldfish has a memory span of 3 seconds.
- Babies start dreaming even before they're born.
- In 1386, a pig in France was executed by public hanging for the murder of a child
- The average number of thoughts that humans are believed to experience each day is 70,000.
- About a third of all Americans flush the toilet while they're still sitting on it.
- Owls are the only birds who can see the color blue.
- Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.
- 15 percent of Americans secretly bite their toes.
- For every human in the world, there are one million ants.
- Ted Cassidy's hand was the hand in the box on "The Adams Family."
- Toto, the little dog in The Wizard of Oz, had a salary of $125 a week.
- The mask used by Michael Myers in the original 'Halloween' was actually a Captain Kirk mask painted white.
- In 1935 a writer named Dudley Nichols refused to accept the Oscar for his movie The Informer because the Writers Guild was on strike against the movie studios. In 1970 George C. Scott refused the Best Actor Oscar for Patton. In 1972 Marlon Brando refused the Oscar for his role in The Godfather.
- The names of Popeye's four nephews are: Pipeye, Peepeye, Pupeye, and Poopeye.
- Mr. Ed, the horse on the TV show Mr. Ed, was so used to " talking" to Wilber that he would begin to move his lips as soon as Wilber stopped talking, without his trainer signaling him.
English language Random Facts
- Q is the only letter in the alphabet that does not appear in the name of any of
the United States states.
- The longest word in the English language with no vowels is Rhythms!
- Was it a car or a cat i saw... 'WASITACARORACATISAW'.. This is the only English sentence which even if we read in reverse, will give the same sentence.
- The Bible has been translated into Klingon.
- If you were to spell out numbers, you would have to go until 1,000 until you use the letter "A".
- The United States does not have an official language.
- French author Michel Thaler published a 233 page novel which has no verbs.
- The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter is "uncopyrightable.
- The longest words in the English language with only one syllable are the
nine-letter "screeched" and "strengths".
- It is impossible to hum if your nose is plugged.
- People who drink coffee are less likely to commit suicide than people who don't.
- More than 50% of the people in the world have never made or received a telephone call.
- Men can read smaller print than women can; women can hear better.
- On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.
- The average human body contains enough:- Sulphur to kill all fleas on an average dog, Carbon to make 900 pencils, Potassium to fire a toy cannon, Fat to make 7 bars of soap, Phosphorus to make 2,200 match heads, and enough Water to fill a ten-gallon tank.
Medical studies show that intelligent people have more copper and zinc in their hair.
- Fifteen Cool, Yet Absolutely Random Facts For Your R...
The book, Atlas of Firsts - A World of Amazing Record Breakers by Clive Gifford, is definitely a must read for both children and adults alike. Filled to the brim with amazing record breakings and historical firsts, this book is chocked full of...
- Random Facts About Food and Drink
Want to know some fun facts about food and drink? Read lots of fun and interesting facts to wow your friends with do you know why beans result in gas? Find out!
- Fifteen More Random Facts for Your Reading Pleasure
I'm a huge fan of random facts. So much so, that I have a small notebook compiled with fascination tidbits I have either read or heard. I have shared a few of those fascinating tidbits in the past with hubs entitled: Twenty Cool, Yet Absolutely...
- Random Facts About People
Here's some interesting random facts about people. If you like titbits of information, you'll enjoy these weird and wonderful piece of random knowledge.
© 2013 Susan Hazelton