- Entertainment and Media»
- Cartoons & Animation
Five Cartoons I Don't Let My Children Watch
Ed Edd n Eddy
The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
I love cartoons I have been watching them since I was a child. There are some really good cartoon shows that are out there today. There are also some shows that I feel are not really good for kids. I have chosen five shows that I will not let my kids watch. Four of the shows are actually made for children and the last one is an adult cartoon. There are several reasons why I do not like these shows and will not let my children watch even though these are kids’ cartoons.
- Ed Edd n Eddy – Ed, Edd n Eddy is a show about three young friends who continuously try to scam money off of their friends to get candy. Ed, Edd and Eddy’s schemes never work but are the plot of each and every show. This cartoon is annoying to me because it is a group of boys that are always getting into predicaments while trying to scam other kids. Even though their scams never work this cartoon just seems really pointless to me and sends a strange message to children.
- The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy – The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy is a show about two kids Billy and Mandy making the Grim Reaper their friend for eternity. This cartoon can be really disgusting, disturbing and over the top especially for a kids cartoon. There are so many things wrong with this cartoon its hard to limit it to just one reason.
- Chowder – Chowder is a show about a young boy named Chowder who assists a chef. Although this show has some potential the characters can be really annoying and obnoxious. Sometimes the show does not seem to have a point at all and there are some disgusting parts on this show as well. There are so many other cartoons out there that are better than this cartoon show.
- The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack - The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack is a show about a young boy named Flapjack who is being raised by a whale. The whale Bubbie and Flapjack rescue Captain K’nuckles a pirate who tells the two about CandiedIsland; which is an island made of candy. The show is about their crazy misadventures in pursuit of CandiedIsland. This cartoon can be disgusting and Flapjack and the pirate are pretty obnoxious. Some of the story lines are not really kid-friendly even though the focus is on getting candy.
- Family Guy – Family Guy is an adult cartoon show about the Griffin family. The family consists of the parents Peter and Lois, their children Chris, Meg and Stewie and their dog Brian. This show has a great deal of adult humor and although I love this show it is not kid-friendly at all. My children try and watch it because they find it funny but I will make them wait a few years for that.
As a parent I may seem like I am a little overbearing not letting my children watch some cartoons, but there are so many other cartoons that my children can choose from. There are other cartoons that annoy me that I still let my kids watch because they are not so bad just irritating to me. When a new cartoon comes out I usually try and watch a few episodes of the cartoon with my kids and then decide whether or not they can continue to watch them or not.