- Entertainment and Media»
- Movies & Movie Reviews
For Father's Day: movie Dads trivia quiz
Father’s Day is this weekend and I thought it’d be the perfect time for a new trivia quiz. This one tests your knowledge about fathers and dads from the movies and film.
To play the quiz: get out a piece of paper and pen or pencil. Write down on the paper numbers 1-12 (there are twelve questions in all). Scroll down to the questions and begin reading with #1. From the four possible answers provided choose one answer. Write your selection # down and proceed to the next question. After the questions you will find the Answers, and here you can tally up your score to find out how well you've done. Good luck!
The trivia quiz questions
1. Who played the role of the lovable, sage-like Grandpa Vanderhof in the 1939 film adaptation of You Can’t Take It With You?
a. Edward Arnold
b. Edmund Gwenn
c. Lionel Barrymore
d. Charley Grapewin
2. In the film Ma and Pa Kettle (1949) Pa saves the family from eviction by doing what?
a. finding a discarded lottery ticket
b. creating a tobacco slogan
c. begging his stingy uncle for a loan
d. pocketing donations from his Presidential campaign bid
3. This 1947 comedy about an uptight financier’s wacky family life was adapted from a series of stories first published in the New Yorker. After the success of the film adaptation the body of work was turned into a play, a play which went on to take the record as longest run non-musical in Broadway history. By what film and stage name is this popular work best known by?
a. Life With Father
b. Papa’s Little Dividends
c. Father of the Bride
d. Sugar Daddy’s
4. In the 1957 Disney hit film, Old Yeller, young Travis Coates is forced to be the man of the house for his mother and younger brother. What had happened to Travis’ dad?
a. He’d died of smallpox in the spring
b. He was fighting in the Civil War
c. He was away on a cattle drive
d. He was in the Utah territories, recruiting new brides for his “divine” harem
5. In the 1973 blockbuster, The Exorcist, the father of young Regan MacNeil is never seen because of what?
a. Regan’s mother never contacted him to let him know he was a father
b. He’s dead
c. He and Regan’s mother are divorced and he lives in another country
d. He’s a high-ranking angel afraid of demotion if he acknowledges his progeny
6. In Star Wars Episode VI (1983) better known as Return of the Jedi, Luke Skywalker’s father, Darth Vader, learns what secret from reading his son’s mind – a secret that not even Luke is conscious of?
a. The location of the Millennium Falcon
b. That Princess Leia is Luke’s sister
c. That the Emperor has been reborn several times via cloning
d. The recipe for the best damned pina colada in the galaxy
7. In the blockbuster Back to the Future (1985) Marty McFly is shocked to discover his father is a what?
a. a thug
b. a math geek
c. a peeping tom
d. his uncle
8. In Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure (1987) Ted’s father threatens to do what if Ted flunks out of school?
a. Cut off all his financial support
b. Take away his car
c. Send him to military school
d. Make him attend a Young Log Cabin Republicans summer camp
9. In Angel Heart (1987) the character of private investigator Harry Angel unknowingly does what to his daughter?
a. hands her a drink laced with poison
b. has an incestuous relationship with her
c. serves her a dish with shellfish, which puts her into anaphylactic shock
d. serves her a glass of milk which gives her socially discomforting flatulence
10. In the 2004 horror flick, Seed of Chucky, the murderous doll Chucky is resurrected by his son. What was the son’s name?
11. When Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt 2 (2011) came out some avid followers felt the storyline revealed what truth surrounding Harry’s father?
a. He was actually Snape
b. James Potter was actually an asshole
c. Harry’s Mom was a fickle tease who hurt Harry’s father deeply
d. All the above
12. In Breaking Dawn Part 1 (2011) when Edward discovers Bella is pregnant what does he want Bella to do?
a. plan an upscale baby shower
b. terminate the pregnancy
c. upload the conception footage to Youtube
d. sell the delivery photos to World Weekly News
Scroll below the cute vamp baby to find the answers!
1. c. Lionel Barrymore
2. b. creating a tobacco slogan
3. a. Life With Father
4. c. He was away on a cattle drive
5. c. He and Regan’s mother are divorced and he lives in another country
6. b. That Princess Leia is Luke’s sister
7. c. a peeping tom
8. c. Send him to military school
9. b. has an incestuous relationship with her
10. b. Glen
11. d. All the above
12. b. terminate the pregnancy
This Hub ©June 16, 2012 by Beth Perry