How to Prepare for a Fun Night Out
A big part of what makes a night fun is the preparation. Some of my best memories include getting ready for a date, girl's night and even family reunions. You name it and there will be a story to go with it. I advise having everything you need lined up and ready to go! If you are preparing for fun evening, the last thing you want is to have forgotten something you may need. I would also recommend that you have a stock of the things, that you may need for an evening out just in case you decide on an impromptu night out
Setting the mood
Consider your prep time as part of the "fun" time. First things first...MUSIC. Your choices may be dependent on your activity or you may have some standbys that get you moving. Whether you want to rock out or mellow out, enjoy the influence of music
Pandora doesn't disappoint
A fun song to get ready for an evening out
Prepare your outfit ahead of time
How many times have you been getting ready to go out and the outfit you were planning on wearing, doesn't look right? The next thing you know, everything is out of your closet as you get more and more frustrated. Fun night out? Probably not. And even if you end up having a great time, imagine the mess you'll come home to! You can avoid all that by just a little preparation.
You can start by picking out your outfit a few days ahead of time. This way, you can make sure its clean and fits and see if it needs any repairs or ironing. You can also see that you have the right accessories. Do a quick dress rehearsal to be sure.You will have so much more fun if you don't have to worry about that.
Guys, you are probably rolling your eyes and thinking this isn't about you. Oh, but it is, in more ways than one. You also want to make sure that your clothing is ready and if you need any ironing or tie tying done, you have enough time to take care of that. And if you share a home with the lady who is also getting ready, don't expect her to have time to take care of your things!
Preparing your arsenal
Have your makeup and hair products easy to reach and ready to go, Make sure hairspray is primed and eyeliners are sharpened. Don't forget to heat up the curling iron/straightener early enough! Believe it or not, you can do some of these preparations ahead of time also. A couple of days before you'll want to check your eyebrows for any unwanted hair. If you dye your hair, check your roots. I also recommend super conditioning your hair a few days ahead of time. It can make your hair a bit heavy at first but will be perfect the day of! I sometimes give myself a facial the day before. It opens the pores and leaves my face smooth and creamy. I slather myself with body lotion as well. Dry skin can ruin pretty much any look! Guys, you can do some of these same preparations, too. You may want to check for any stray hairs, too!
Getting ready for a fun night out
Great ideas for a fun night out
Now that you look beautiful/handsome, what's next?
It's important to have a plan. There is nothing more frustrating than calling back and forth until you decide where or when. Even if the person/people you are going with are making the plans, it's always a good idea to have a back up.
- A stroll on the beach. I know it is cliché but the combination of stars, sand and water are pretty irrisistable. And many areas have fun activities going on nearby.
- Food and drink. Always a winner. Whether it's fine dining, potluck, a picnic in the park or sitting at Starbucks, coming together around food is always a hit.
- Music. With music, there is always something for everyone. You can go to a concert or a nightclub or karaoke.
- Another favorite is people watching. Whether you are at a restaurant, mall, bar or the park, it's always fun imagining the next guy's story.
- Game night. You can set up your own game night or you can join in many of the games that are offered at local bars and resturants.
- Sports events are always fun. You can be a bystander or a participant. Generally, the more active you are, the less likely you will be to get bored. How about laser tag or paintball or just watching a game in the park?
- Nighttime swimming. There's something magical about being in the water in the evening. It's so much quieter.Put on some glow in the dark necklaces and bracelets for a little added fun!
Condert in the park
Bring your own kind of fun
Whatever you end up doing and wherever you end up going, the fun you have is entirely dependent on you. Some of the best times I have had involved getting lost or showing up on the wrong night. So, while I did say earlier that it is important to make plans, I want to stress that even if things don't go exactly as planned, you can still have a great night out.