I Don’t Know How She Does It - Sarah Jessica Parker Movie Review
I Don't Know How She Does It: Cast
Sarah Jessica Parker: Kate Reddy
Greg Kinnear: Richard Reddy
Pierce Brosnan: Jack Abelhammer
Christina Hendricks: Allison Henderson
Kelsey Grammar: Clark Cooper
Seth Meyers: Chris Bunce
Olivia Munn: Momo Hahn
Jane Curtin: Marla Reddy
I Don't Know How She Does It: Trailer
"I Don't Know How She Does It" Plot Summary
Kate Reddy is busy. Juggling a husband, two beautiful children, a high stress job and friendships is never easy, but Kate manages – mostly. She finds support in best friend, lawyer and single mother, Allison. And a briefcase stocked with business documents and children’s toys…
But when Richard, Kate’s house husband gets a job he’s excited about and can’t turn down, and Kate’s proposal for a fund she is passionate about is given the green light, Kate promises Richard she can make it work. The catch? Boston based Kate will be working with New York based Jack Abelhammer (Brosnan) for the next two months.
The ensuing months are filled with:
· Kate fighting an attraction to Jack Abelhammer.
· Business trips that feel more like dates…
· Kate fighting feelings of inadequacy when compared to the Momsters – the stay at home Mom’s at her daughter, Emily’s school.
· Not being there for the important events in his children’s lives.
· Disappointing Richard (Kinnear) and her children.
· Guilt heaped on by her mother in law (Jane Curtin)
· Missed communications
A family crisis involving Kate’s 2 years old son, Ben brings everything to a head, just as her project is drawing to a close. Kate has to choose – her family who she loves more than her life, or the job that make her who she is….
Fortunately, this chick flick has a happy ending for everyone….as contrived as they may be.
Enjoy I Don’t Know How She Does It for what it is – a romantic comedy targeted to busy working mothers. The characters are fairly stereo typed, except for the aforementioned Fund Managers with a social conscience.
Read the book, buy the movie, rent the movie instantly!
Read the book that the movie was based on
Who should watch "I Don't Know How She Does It"?
Rating: PG 13
There is some light swearing and adult concepts in the film.
- Bunce takes clients to a strip bar for some interpretive dance culture but there is no nudity (just long legs).
- Kate makes a predictable error when she receives two emails at the same time – one from best friend Allison, the other Jack Abelhammer who is making first contact prior to a meeting. The subject matter is of a sexual nature.
Who Will Enjoy "I Don't Know How She Does It"?
Busy working mothers – Having one of those days when you just don’t feel like you can cope anymore? Pour yourself a glass of wine and lose yourself in this 90 minute movie about your life – complete with happy ending.
Pierce Brosnan fans – Pierce Brosnan is probably the most entertaining and comedic character in this film. Jack Abelhammer is classy, sexy , supportive and sympathetic. And he’s a fund manager. This part of the film feels like it was brought to you by the Finance Industry. These “nice” Fund Managers (Jack and Kate) concerned about the working man’s retirement just doesn’t quite ring true.
Sarah Jessica Parker fans – I don’t know how she does it has a similar video diary style format as Sex and the City. It works for the film and should appeal to Parker and Sex and the City fans.