- Entertainment and Media»
Kareena Kapoor Life in Pictures ! Kareena Marriage with Saif Ali Khan, Acting Career, HD Videos, unseen pics, songs and
Kareena Kapoor, now know as Kareena Kapoor Khan, after getting married to Saif Ali Khan, is the daughter of Randhir Kapoor and granddaughter of Raj Kapoor. She hails for the famous Kapoor clan and has travelled the Bollywood journey with same pride and determination.
The younger sister of Karishma Kapoor, Kareena held the Kapoor crown with pride, when it was about to slip away after Karishma Kapoor's marriage.
After making her debut in 2000, Kareena Kapoor has bagged six FilmFare awards till date and has become the leading actress of the modern Bollywood Era.
She has been part of numerous movies, which have tasted enormous commercial success as well as critically acclaimed movies.
Lets look around her personal life and achievements in chronological order of events.
Kareena Kapoor Marriage Pics with Saif Ali Khan
Chronological Order of Events
Year 2000: Kareena Kapoor made her inspirational Debut with JP Dutta's movie Refugee. Critics were surprised to see Kareena Kapoor perform most toughest scenes with ease. The film was received well by the audience and Kareena bagged the best Debut actress FilmFare award.
Year 2001: Kareena Kapoor after he debut success, had three big movies releases in 2001, Mujhe Kuch kehna hai, Asoka and Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham. The first two movies were appreciated by critics and the last movie was a big commercial success.
Year 2002 and 2003: Kareena Kapoor did six films during these two years but none of them were commercially successful. She even was quoted as repetitive actress by critics. So these were the years of downtrend for Kareena and she had a setback to her flying career.
Year 2004 to 2006: Kareena Kapoor came back with her sensuous movie Chameli in 2004, in which she paid the role of a prostitute in the red light area of Mumbai. Kareena worked hard for the movie by going to red light areas and studying the mannerisms of prostitutes in real life. The movie was critically acclaimed and won her FilmFare award for her special performance.
In 2005 she worked with big directors like mani-ratnam, Abbas Mastan and Priya darshan and did many commercially successful movies.
In 2006 she again bagged the FilmFare award for the critically acclaimed movie Omkara, adaption of william shakesphere's Othello.
Year 2007-2012: In Year 2007, Kareena won the hearts of many youngsters as vivacious sikh Girl in Imtiaz Ali directed Jab we met. Jab we met was the most successful film for Kareena kapoor.
In 2008 she came back with Tashan, showing off a zero sized body figure in bikini and became a hot buzz all over the country.
In 2009 she did another commercially hit movie 3 idiots which which earner over 20 million.
In 2010 she did few other movies and was described as India's most beautiful women by People.
In 2011 and 2012 she did many hit movies with big stars like Shahrukh Khan, Aamir Khan and Salman Khan and was also named as Asia's most sexiest women by Maxim. Also she ranked seventh in Forbes Top 100 celebrities list.
In 2012 she also did the critically acclaimed movies Heroine and Talaash.
2012 also marked the most number of hearts broken in India, when Kareena Kapoor got married to Saif Ali Khan, on November 16th 2012.
Unseen Pics of Kareena Kapoor Khan
Fun Facts about Kareena Kapoor
- She hails from the famous Kapoor Clan, granddaughter of Raj Kapoor and great granddaughter of PrithviRaj Kapoor.
- She studied law but gave it away midway as she wanted to become actress
- She doesn't like to rehearse her scenes, and tries to deliver them at one shot.
- She dated Shahid Kapoor for three years before she committed to Saif Ali Khan in 2007.
- She has worked with all the three Khans in the Industry, Aamir Khan, Sharukh Khan and Salman Khan.
- Kareena's first name was derived from the book Anna Karenina, which her mother read during pregnancy
- She is called as bebo within her family, and it's her pet name.
- She was originally to make debut with the movie Kaho na pyaar hai opposite Hrithik Roshan but she gave it away midway as she felt her role was not prominent.
- She toned her body to perfect Zero size figure for movie Tashan.
- She runs her own cloth line with affiliation with the brand Globus.