Kit Harington Actor
Cool Facts About Kit
- Kit is 5'8
- He wore a wig for filming the "Games of Thrones" pilot but grew his hair out for the rest of the first season.
- He broke his ankle in 2012 when he was locked out of his apartment building in London and fell while trying to climb to his flat. During Season 3 of "Games of Thrones" (2011) the film crew had to figure out how to shoot around the injury, including the use of stand-ins in "Jon Snow wigs". Harington felt so guilty that he bought the production manager a bottle of whiskey.
- His paternal eight times great-grandfather was King Charles II of England. Charles II was King of England, Scotland, and Ireland from 1660 to 1685, as well as King of Scotland from 1649 to 1651.
- Used to work in a book store where he often had to lift heavy copies of the ''A Song Of Ice and Fire'' series and grew to dislike George RR Martin as a result.
- Once got into a fight at a McDonald's restaurant because a guy was hitting on the girl he was with.
- Has a fear of spiders, needles, and flying. He gets around by car or train.
- Is a horror movie buff with some of his favorites being "The Shining" (1980), "The Ring" (2002), "The Wicker Man" (1973), and the Scream franchise.
- He's fine to be naked. He is quoted as stating “I think it’s one of those things … you take off your robe and there you are nude. And there’s a hundred people watching you and after the first 30 seconds, everyone’s seen everything. I’m quite happy to strut around naked after that.”
- Has read the first four books in A Song of Ice and Fire, the series on which Games of Thrones is based.
- If he could play another character on the show GoT he would pick Tyrion because he's got a fantastic storyline.
Kit Harington born as Christopher Catesby "Kit" Harington was born on December 26, 1986 in Acton, London. His mother Deborah Jane Catesby is a former playwright and his father David Richard Harington is a businessman. Kit is named after Christopher Marlowe, who was a famous English playwright and poet during the Elizabethan era in the 1500's. Kit prefers to be called Kit over his given name of Christopher and has even said he didn't even know his real name was Christopher until he was eleven years old. He always assumed his name was Kit. Harington has one brother whose name is John Catesby Harington.
Harrington was a student at Southfield Primary School from 1992 to 1998. However, when Kit was only 11 years old his family moved to Worcestershire, England. It was at this time which Kit attended Chantry High School until 2003. As a teenager Kit performed in several high school productions but became truly enamored with acting after watching a production of “Waiting for Godot” when he was 14 years old. As soon as Harington turned 18 he moved to London and soon attended the Central School of Speech and Drama. Kit would graduate from Central School and Drama in 2008.
While in drama school Kit landed the roe of Albert in the National Theatre’s adaptation of “War Horse”. “War Horse” was a highly successful play and won two Oliver Awards and gave Harington a great deal of recognition and praise for his work in the play. Harington would later be cast in a darker role in the play “Posh”, which was about upper-class men in English society. Being very talented Harington would hit the ground running and soon after graduating he would find instant success as Jon Snow on HBO’s highly popular show “Games of Thrones.” “Games of Thrones” debut in 2011 and quickly earned Kit a nomination for the Best Supporting Actor on a Television Show Saturn Award.
Soon Kit would break onto the big screen starring in “Silent Hill: Revelation 3D” and then landed the lead role as Milo in the film Pompeii. Harington would go on to voice a character in the highly popular cartoon movie “How to Train Your Dragon II” followed by roles in “Seventh Son”, “Testament Youth”, “The Death and Life of John F. Donovan”, "MI-5" and “Brimstone.”
Kit has won the Young Hollywood Award for Actor of the Year in 2013 and the Empire Hero Award in 2015.
Harington's Past Girlfriends
Below are a few pictures of Harington's past loves.
Kit Harington Quotes
"I wear quite fitted clothing. I don't like wearing baggy stuff."
"The best people to have power are the ones who don't want it."
"There are lots of actors out there who are hugely, hugely talented and haven't got the breaks I've had."
"I'm very lucky, I've got two very loving parents, still very much together, and always been very supportive."
"You find with the really great actors, the ones you really admire and look up to, very often they're very giving, generous, warm people."