- Entertainment and Media
Honey Boo Boo is here to stay
On August 8th the learning channel (TLC) first aired a ground breaking reality television show that swept the country by storm. If you haven't heard of the show then I can promise you that you soon will at some point down the road. You will either love this new massive wave of mania or dislike it. There's no middle ground in between getting caught up loving it or disliking it either.
The show is called "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo", and it's all about looking inside of a little six year old's life along with her very unique family in Georgia. The show is based on the life of pageant participant Alana Thompson, who's nickname is Honey Boo Boo, and thinks that Elvis is Santa Claus' helper. Her family consist of her 309 pound, extreme couponing, 33 year old mother June, who's involved with Sugar Bear (Mike) who has the quiet role. Honey Boo Boo has three older sisters, 12 year old Pumpkin (Lauryn) , 15 year old Chubbs/Chubbette (Jessica), and 17 year old Chickadee (Anna) who's pregnant. The seventh member of the family is the pet pig named Glitzy. At one point Honey Boo Boo seriously said that she hoped that her Mama didn't eat Glitzy, because it looks like a hot dog to her, and she eats everything else.
The allure of this new hit show is filled some funny side splitting scenes of the family jumping on a make shift slip-n-slide, making it evident that heat and big people don't mix. The show has become the new Beverly Hillbillies with a Southern redneck approach, with sayings like "A dollar makes me wanna holler", and has Honey Boo Boo drinking her go-go juice which is a mixture of Red Bull and Mountain Dew. A lady from the Etiquette School of Atlanta tried her best with them, but Honey Boo Boo insist it's for stupid people. One of the girls pointed out that at least they all have their teeth.
TLC is the learning channel, and you will definitely learn something after watching this reality show, which equals no other. It's their green light to laugh at both rednecks and fat people at the same time. Everyone is aware that reality shows are exploitation, and this show is no different. This is human nature at a depth which no one could have ever imagined. So if you don't want to be left out of the loop, take at least ten minutes and check out a reality television show where's there's no equal.
You are either going to like the Honey Boo Boo show, or you are going to dislike the Honey Boo Boo show. No matter what happens though get ready, because Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. All of the shows viewers have mixed reactions, and respond differently to Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. Some folks watch because they are entertained by the spectacle, while others find it awful and soul crushing. Here are just some of the viewers reactions to "Here comes Honey Boo Boo". -
There are those that dislike the show -
1) Television has sunk to an all time low with this show.
2) This show is at the top of the manure pile, and is an insult to everyone's intelligence.
3) Try putting a television show on worth watching, and I can't believe they have sunk so low as to put trash like this on television.
4) Television with shows like this are actively contributing to the dumbing down, and overall decline of all of American society.
5) They are aping, and showing their true colors for the cameras like circus clowns. What's the point of this stupid show with all of these very stupid people.
6) TLC is just exploiting their rude, crude, disgusting behavior, and what ever happened to simple manners.
7) Shame on TLC for allowing this trash, and it would be a big benefit to society if they would cancel this show.
8) This was the most disgusting show that I've ever watched, and that family should be nothing but embarrassed.
9) This show was pathetic, and these people don't have one ounce of moral fiber.
10) The show was horrible, and I think that this family is ignorant and rude. Why is this white trash on television, and this is a real low for all Southern people.
11) TLC has stooped to new lows in television programming with this ignorant family. Children are a reflection of their parents, and it was funny in some ways, but disgusting in other ways.
12) I've never seen such a terrible show in all of my life, and shame on TLC and these people for exploiting their children.
13) This show is trash T.V. at it's finest, and this is a slam to all of us in the South. If these people want to embarrass themselves so be it, but I don't have to watch it.
14) This show is about the underbelly of America and turning it into cash. At some point these people will realize that they are a joke.
There are those that love the show -
1) I have a new respect for these people, and their willingness to show their true colors on national television.
2) The show is very entertaining, and I have learned things about how others live.
3) Loosen up and enjoy life people, and if you don't like the show then don't watch it.
4) They made me smile the whole time, and if you don't like the show then use that thing called a remote.
5) I haven't laughed this hard in a long time, and I watched it twice.
6) There are all different types of people in the world, and people need to stop judging those who aren't as refined as they think they should be.
7) this family is truly entertaining, and they really seem to care about each other, and I'll be watching it every week.
8) This family loves each other with unconditional love, and life to it's fullest.
9) The children in this show are filled with self confidence.
10) To each their own, and if you don't like the show then turn the channel.
11) I love this show, and I have never understood the point of reality television until just now.
12) I absolutely love this show, and this family is really funny, and they seen genuine and kind.
13) This show was totally hilarious and one of the funniest I've ever seen. It makes all of us in West Virginia look good.
14) Who wouldn't love a show like this. I'm counting down the minutes until the next episode starts.