Meghan Markle: Interesting Things About the Duchess of Sussex
About Meghan Markle
Meghan Markle began making headlines after she started dating Prince Harry in the summer of 2016. Then she became Google's most searched person.
The former actress was on the October 2017 cover of Vanity Fair with the title, "Wild About Harry." Inside the magazine, the 37-year-old actress spoke out for the first time and shared information about her romance with the sixth in line to the throne. Meghan discussed her relationship with the prince, her biracial background and her acting career on the popular legal drama, Suits.
Meghan admitted that she and Prince Harry were really happy and in love. She said they are part of a beautiful love story that she wanted to talk more about one day.
Career on 'Suits'
Meghan Markle's character on the hit television show Suits was similar to her own life. Her real name is Rachel Meghan Markle, but she goes by her middle name. Her character on the series was named Rachel Zane.
In real life, she has a black mother and a white father. On the television legal drama, her parents were just the opposite with a black father and a white mother. Rachel and her father. Robert Zane and Rachel Zane worked together as lawyers. In real life, Meghan and her father worked together in films.
Unlike Other Women Prince Harry Dated
There were several things that made Meghan Markle different from other women Prince Harry dated before her.
- She is an American instead of British.
- She is a divorcée.
- She was a celebrity starring on a popular television show.
- She is three years older than Prince Harry.
- She is bi-racial.
Meghan and Prince Harry's Journey Together
Meghan was introduced to Prince Harry in July 2016 at his Invictus Games. They began dating quietly, and their romance was confirmed in October 2016. After Meghan was harassed by the media, Prince Harry issued a statement asking the media to back off. It wasn't until December 2016 that the couple was photographed together.
Engagement, Marriage, Pregnancy
People noticed some definite signs that Prince Harry would propose to Meghan Markle before he did. Those who followed their love story predicted it would happen before the end of the year based on the following signs.
- Wedding and reception. They attended two weddings together. In March 2017, Meghan met Harry in Jamaica to attend the wedding ceremony of Harry's best friend. In May 2017, Meghan was Harry's date at Pippa Middleton's wedding reception.
- Meeting each others' families. Prince Harry met Meghan's mother. Meghan met Harry's father, Prince Charles, his brother Prince William, the Duchess of Cambridge, and their two young children.
- Their charities. Humanitarian is one of the things the two young adults have in common. They planned to combine their charities. Meghan is a Global Ambassador for World Vision Canada. She works with quite a few charities. Prince Harry's grandmother, Queen Elizabeth was impressed with Meghan's humanitarian work.
Updates about Meghan Markle
Meghan Markle gave up her acting career after Suits after the seventh season ended. She moved from Toronto to live with Prince Harry in England. In November 2017, they became engaged and got married on May 19, 2018.
She attended Catholic schools and grew up as a Protestant. Therefore, before she could marry Prince Harry she was baptized and confirmed into the Church of England to honor Queen Elizabeth.
Meghan and Harry wed at St. George's Chapel in Windsor Castle. They did not follow many traditions of other royal weddings. For instance, they got married on a Saturday instead of a weekday. They did not get married in Westminster Abbey. Instead, they chose a smaller more intimate place that seats only 800 people. They did invite 2,640 people to be on the ground of the Castle to see the couple as they left their wedding and went on a chariot ride.
Meghan made royal public appearances with her future husband before they were married. Queen Elizabeth dubbed them the Duke and Duchess of Sussex as soon as they were officially married.
Mom To Be
In October 2018 after just six months of being married, the official announcement came from Kensington Palace that the Duchess of Sussex was pregnant. She and Prince Harry are excited about starting a family. Their first child is expected in the Spring of 2019 before their first wedding anniversary.