Admittedly, I never watched the CBS military-drama, NCIS until my fourteen-year-old son invited me to sit through an episode. The next thing I knew, I was turning in for repeats each time they aired on the USA network. Here is a list of the characters, and what I like about each one.
- Leroy Jethro Gibbs - Called "Gibbs" by other members of his team, he leads investigations involving military personnel. Despite the Confederate slant to his name, he hails from Stillwater, Pennsylvania and spends his free time building boats in his basement. I like that Gibbs has a rule for everything. I like that despite losing both a wife and a daughter, he manages to push forward and be one of the good guys. And I really, really like those piercing blue eyes.
- Anthony D. DiNozzo - Mmm, Tony. He's a former police officer, having worked in both Philadelphia and Baltimore. And as if those handsome Italian features weren't enough to induce toe-curling, he's such a playboy to boot! Yes, he's had his fair share of flings but the one that got away is the one that haunts him to this day. Even though he can be quite the flirt, especially with his co-workers, he's loyal to a fault. I like his unique ability to pull up vast amounts of movie trivia, extreme intelligence, and that he wasn't afraid to fall in love, even though he knew chances of it working out were rather slim.
- Ziva David - Former Mossad Liaison Officer to NCIS, her special skills include espionage, assassination, terrorism, martial arts, and at least nine languages. She rarely speaks of her personal life, and I don't blame her! Her dad is the leader of Mossad; her sister died in an attack on Israel; and she shot her brother Ari to protect Gibbs -- after Ari previously killed an NCIS agent. So what do I like best about her? Everything, but especially that despite not owning a television, her favorite movie is "The Sound of Music."
- Abigail "Abby" Sciuto - She's the happiest "goth" you'd ever want to meet, according to DiNozzo. A forensic specialist with NCIS, Abby works closely with all the agents, especially Chief Medical Examiner Doctor Donald "Ducky" Mallard. What's not to like about Abby? She bowls with nuns. She loves dogs. Having been raised by deaf parents, she (like Gibbs) is fluent in sign language. And she lives off this energy-soda stuff called Caff-POW. She is very much a people person, and prefers to believe the best in everyone. Of all the characters on the show, she's one of my favorites.
- Timothy McGee - A computer field consultant who joined the team in the second season, now and then he also helps Abby in the lab. He and DiNozzo are a classic case of personality clash, and Tony often calls him things like "McGeek" and other insulting monikers. What I like about McGee? He's a writer, and published several books under the pseudonym "Thom E. Gemcity" (an anagram of his real name) that feature people both from the team and his everyday life. I like that McGee is similar to a puppy. He's cute, he's cuddly, and you know he's going to still be there when you wake up in the morning.
There are other characters, but those are the main ones on the team. The way they work together is like a machine, take one away and it just doesn't quite run right.
Are you an NCIS fan? Or perhaps a fan of NCIS-LA? If you're not a fan, I hope you'll start watching because it's a great show. Either way, your comments are welcome, and thanks for reading!