Netflix: Choosing What to Watch (Movies and TV)
Netflix, the endless abyss of movies available to you anytime and anywhere. You either just signed up and you're going crazy with watching everything you can get your hands on… Or you're a Netflix veteran but can't seem to find the right movie to watch. Whatever position you're in, I'm here to help. I've been there before.
First of all, Netflix recommendations are your friend. After you've rated and watched a handful of movies, Netflix will automatically give you ideas on what to watch. They're pretty good at serving up things that you'll be interested in. Of course, if you share your account with another person then this could vary. You may have high action sci-fi mixed in with romantic comedies.
The endless list of movies available to stream can be quite overwhelming. If you begin searching with no idea of what you want to watch then you may be there an hour later still searching. Trust me, I've done it. So how do you overcome this?
To find the right movie to watch on Netflix…
1. Start from a personal list. If you don't have a running list of movies to watch then start on it! Most people that subscribe to Netflix have a running list. They keep adding to this list so when something comes out or they hear of something, they can just add to it.
2. Choose a genre. Do you want to watch an action movie? A drama? It always helps to decide this before you dive in.
3. Know the classics that you can always watch again. If you can't find anything, you don't want to leave without watching something. Watch one of those movies that you love and you would own if you didn't have Netflix.
4. If you've never heard of the movie there may be a reason why. Honestly, there's a lot of junk on Netflix. It helps boost their stats. They know that people don't want to watch them but it's nice to say we have tons of movies for you to watch. Keep an eye out for names of favorite actors or directors.
5. It might be worth polling your friends before choosing what to watch. Just send a tweet out or status asking what you should watch. Sometimes people you know have already done the hard part for you. Just ask! Facebook
Netflix can be a fun experience or it can be daunting. Don't let it get the best of you! Know what you're doing and the pay off is great!