Phil Vassar - Piano Man of Country Music
Sunshine Meets Phil Vassar
October 4th, 2015
I recently had the pleasure of attending a free outdoor country music concert. I, along with my friends Denise and Jamie were entertained by the multi-talented Phil Vassar in a Live on the Lot concert. The show was hosted by Carl Black of Orlando and Orlando's number one country radio station K92.3. The fans are always grateful for the free concerts that Carl Black and K92.3 host.
Rain or shine, Carl Black, which is a car dealership that also has a country music radio station, still puts on one heck of a show! Yes, in the parking lot. Sometimes in the showroom, which would have been helpful today due to a gentle rain, but country music fans know how to rough it. We do what we have to when we want to see our favorite artists perform live.
Phil Vassar fans expressed their excitement when the piano man of country music took the stage. In the rain. Outdoors. Whether the fans were wearing ponchos and were underneath umbrellas, they still had a great time. There were some fans who just sat there on the asphalt, slowly getting soaked, but did not even care the rain. I watched one woman who sang along to each and every song. Phil Vassar noticed her too. I spoke with her after the show, right after she shook off the excess moisture from her clothing, while we were on line for our Meet and Greet...she said, "what rain?" Now, that is a true fan.
Phil Vassar Brings It On
While the many fans clapped, hooted, hollered and pleaded for encores, Phil Vassar and his band continued to delight the crowd. They were the ray of sunshine that the fans needed on this rainy day.
Phil sang a few songs about sunshine, but he didn't know all the words so he passed, but we all sure had quite a few laughs. Yes, laughing and singing, for one entire hour is what Phil gifted his fans with today. He is one of the finest vocalists in country music. His voice is smooth and the lyrics just flow like a fine wine.
A free country music concert, along with free parking and free food! It's like a little taste of heaven for country fans. In addition, free giveaways and a meet and greet! Phil was so kind as to even entertain his fans during our meet and greet by being goofy and cracking jokes. Kudos to Mr. Vassar for being such a funny fellow!
I reckon y'all wish you lived in Central Florida right about now. Don't ya?
Have you heard of Phil Vassar? Well, you are about to find out some random facts. My source for the facts was the Internet. As we all know, what the Internet says is always true! (Insert humor)
Now on with the Phil Vassar show...
Country Music's Piano Man
Random Fun Facts
- Name at birth: Philip George Vassar, goes by Phil.
- Birthdate: May 28th, 1964
- Birth sign: Gemini which traits include...Energetic, Clever, Imaginative, Witty and Adaptable. He displayed all 5 of these traits in the short time that he performed at the concert. Phil was full of energy, very clever with his song choices, imaginative with having the fans participate, so witty that the crowd roared with laughter and adaptable as he continued to perform in the gentle rain and actually made his fans forget it was raining. He made it feel like it was "just another day in paradise" for us.
- Is a diehard fan of the Baltimore Orioles.
- Was born and bred in Lynchburg, Virginia.
- Has two ex-wives and two children. One from each.
- Took up playing piano while in college. He then began performing in clubs. He then moved to Nashville. It was not an easy journey for Phil. I commend him on never giving up. He is proof that one should never, ever give up.
- He won two ASCAP awards for Country Songwriter of the Year.
- Phil has co-written songs for Tim McGraw, Collin Raye, Jo Dee Messina and Alan Jackson.
- His jeans fit him very well. Just a random thought to keep y'all on your feet.
- Phil writes and performs from the heart. That is so obvious.
- His t-shirts also fit well. I tend to have random thoughts.
- Won Music Row Magazine's - Breakthrough Artist of the Year.
- Has over 5K followers on Instagram, 71K on Twitter and 200K on Facebook.
More Fun Facts
- Phil is known as the Piano Man of country music.
- Is about to release an album for the first time in 5 years. Woohoo!
- Was asked to sign a prosthetic leg of a female fan and he gladly did.
- He likes feet. Yes, women's feet. And pretty smiles. Both of those features is what turns Phil Vassar on. I got both!
- His turn offs are smoking and cussing. Again, I got both!
- Is often compared to Billy Joel. I can understand why, they are both amazing piano players but their sounds are totally unique.
- Had a crush on Olivia Newton John. Who didn't?
- Enjoys interacting with his fans. Asking for song requests. Having them sing along. It's just one big party at a Phil Vassar concert.
- Sure does have nice eyes. Confession: I am the type of person who you should not have on speakerphone, I tend to blurt out things that others keep to themselves.
- Phil Vassar has fans in over 45 countries that span 6 continents.
- Won the ACM Top Male Vocalist of the Year in 2002.
- Won Billboard's Country Songwriter of the Year.
- Sure does wear his shades well.
Phil Vassar Albums
- Phil Vassar (Self-titled) - 2000
- American Child - 2002
- Shaken Not Stirred - 2004
- Greatest Hits Vol 1 - 2006
- Super Hits - 2007
- Prayer Of A Common Man - 2008
- Traveling Circus - 2009
- Noel (Holiday Music) - 2011
- Playlist: The Very Best of Phil Vassar - 2011
- The Hits: Live on Broadway - 2011
Quote by Phil Vassar
"Linda was a believer when nobody else was. She's never been a conformist and she doesn't want you to conform either." (Amen!)
Are you a Phil Vassar fan?
© 2015 Linda Bilyeu