Celebrity Hookups & Real-Life Dating
Reese met Ex Ryan Filming Cruel Intentions
Celebrities claim acting is just acting. They can do an emotional role or tell someone they love them on screen and it is all part of the job. They claim it is not as romantic as it looks because they are surrounded by a crew member eating a jelly donut, the sound guy, putting on layers of make-up, lighting…
But is it all fantasy, or do real feelings grow on the set?
Imagine a romantic role where you spend days on the set staring into each others eyes, kissing, half naked perfectly tanned glistening bodies toned from hours in the gym …
Ok I digress. But isn’t it possible that it does change their off-screen relationships?
Natalie Portman & Fiancé Benjamin MillepiedClick thumbnail to view full-size
True Blood Stars Anna Paquin & Stephen Moyer
Here are a few notable relationships that began or were rumored to begin on screen:
- True Blood Co Stars Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer are now married.
- Natalie Portman and Benjamin Milleipied met on the set of Black Swan where he served as a choreographer. Portman admitted "Dancing together was very romantic". He also played the part of Natalie's dance partner, but he only has six lines in the film. Benjamin said he was “blown away” by Natalie's talent.The couple are now engaged and expecting a baby this summer.
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had instant chemistry even during their first screen test before the first Twilight movie began.The crush continued with his 'Twilight' co-star during filming of the movie; but the actress had a boyfriend at the time. Kristen soon became single, and rumors surfaced that Rob and Kristen were a couple.The actors have finally admitted they are dating, which makes those angst ridden make out scenes in Twilight even more real. Tabloids say the two have recently split but who knows....
- Courtney Cox and David Arquette met on the set of Scream.The couple married and had a child. Unfortunately the two have since separated in a rather public and revealing split; A phone call to Howard Stern radio show by Arquette revealed intimate details of their relationship. Arquette and Cox are no longer a couple, though they remain friendly. Cox and Arquette star together in Scream 4, which also stars Neve Campbell & Emma Roberts.
- Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz lounge in bed whispering to each other In the movie "Vanilla Sky "…Soon after Tom & Penelope briefly dated....
- Penelope Cruz and Javier Bardem starred in in Woody Allen's movie Vicky, Christina, Barcelona (2008). Penelope & Javier are now married.
- Before Katie Holmes & Penelope there was Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise the couple fell in love while working on the set of "Days of Thunder" in 1991. Tom & Nicole divorced in 2001. They have 2 adopted teen children Isabella and Connor.
- 'The Notebook' co-stars Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling fell in love off-screen. The couple, who didn't begin dating until after the movie, ended their two-year relationship in 2007.
- Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds were rumored to be dating after Sandra's split with Jesse James… Actually should we be surprised? The two actors worked together & had believably chemistry in the romantic comedy “The Proposal”. Reynolds and Bullocks steamy nude collision in the movie caused plenty of buzz in 2009. Ryan Reynolds was named People Magazine’s sexiest man of the year. He has since married and divorced Scarlett Johansson. He is now married to former costar Blake Lively.
- Reese Witherspoon met husband Ryan Phillipe on the set of “Cruel Intentions”. Sadly the marriage has since ended. Year’s later rumors surfaced that Reese Witherspoon and her 'Rendition' co-star Jake Gyllenhaal were dating when their movie came out in September 2007, both denied the romance, but soon pictures of the couple cuddling would prove otherwise. Reese and Jake have since split. Reese Witherspoon is now married to Jim Toth.The rumored romamnce between Scarlett Johansson and Sean Penn, 50 was confirmed when they attended Reese's wedding together
- Jennifer Aniston has also fallen for a co-star. After the end of her seven-year marriage to Brad Pitt; Jennifer co-starred alongside Vince Vaughn in “The Break-up” Though the couple never publicly discussed their romance, which began in the summer of 2005 while working on the movie. They ended their relationship in 2006. Vaughn has since married.
So it seems celebrities are human like us. They meet people at work, and sometimes form relationships after spending hours a day together. They face intense scenes or situations, which may bond them together.
Co-stars are in the same entertainment field so they understand the pressures and scrutiny of being a movie star. It is no wonder that love may sometimes bloom on the movie set.