Strange & Outrageous - but True - Facts! Very Interesting!
World News and Information!
National Geographic is a wealth of knowledge for all. Through media bursts, such as magazines to the TV shows, it provides millions upon billions of people information that is true and factual. After reading the magazine and watching the show for many, many years, here are the weirdest, outrageous facts that are simply true. They are bizarre but fun filled facts of our universe and what is happening in our world.
Fun Facts Of Life
Weird Facts In our World
Check out these 20 amazing, out of the ordinary, facts;
- A jellyfish can be as small as a thimble or as large as two washing machines.
- It gets so cold in Siberia that your breath can turn to ice in midair.
- Bats are the only mammals that fly.
- A large python can swallow a goat whole.
- Belly button lint is made of clothing fibers, hair, and dead skin cells (yep, kind of gross).
- A sneeze travels 100 miles an hour.
- The world’s biggest flower, found in the Indonesian rain forest, can grow wider than a car tire (amazing, huh?)
- Slugs have 3,000 teeth and 4 noses.
- Almost 90% of snow is air.
- 99% of people can’t lick their elbows.
- Honey NEVER spoils (can you believe that? I can!)
- Horses actually run on their toes.
- African elephants have ears shaped like the continent of Africa.
- Hippo sweat is red (yep, strange but true).
- Food passes through the giant squid’s brain on the way to its stomach.
- 97% of Earth’s water is saltwater.
- Kids blink about five million times a year (wow).
- No one really knows what color dinosaurs were.
- Spiders have clear blood.
- The Year 2020 is the next time you can see a full moon on Halloween.
These are peculiar, weird and wonderful facts that are completely true. National Geographic has collected more information that is extraordinary and has mostly connected the world with fun, facts that are totally fascinating. Each day, I try to learn a new fun fact and tell it to my son, this list came out of our fun tradition. These abnormal traditions make us laugh and even teach us something new each and every day. Search and seek these odd truths to our world and share it with others. Knowledge is power, fun and weird yes, but knowledge nonetheless.