Ten Best Jazz Artists
The Ten Best Jazz Artists
Jazz is a highly creative, ever changing form of music. It's been around from the early 20th century, and it continues to evolve even now. The following is a list of my favorite jazz artists and some of their best albums. Enjoy.
1. Miles Davis: Kind of Blue. This album has been called the definitive jazz album. Bringing together such greats as John Coltrane and Bill Evans, Miles Davis redefines jazz.
2. John Coltrane: A Love Supreme. Coltrane makes not only a profound spiritual statement with this album, his musical statement matches the depths of greatness.
3. Thelonius Monk: Monk's Music. On this album you'll find Thelonius Monk at his best, accompanied by John Coltrane and Coleman Hawkins.
4. Louis Armstrong: Louis Armstrong and the Dukes of Dixieland. By colloborating with the Dukes of Dixieland, Louis Armstrong is able to stand out and shine on this album.
5. Billie Holliday: Lady In Satin. Released in 1958, this album still attracts a multitude of followers with its heartfelt singing.
6. Chick Corea: Light As A Feather. With a variety of styles and unfluences, the multi-dimensional Chick Corea makes it hard to pick one favorite album. Stll, with the jazz fusion style he is famous for, this is a great album.
7. Ella Fitzgerald: Ella Fitzgerald sings the Cole Porter Songbook. Her strong voice stands out beautifully, as she performs some of the greatest jazz music.
8. Wynton Marsalis: Thick in the South. This album expresses exactly why Wynton Marsalis is one of the greatest jazz musicians.
9. Duke Ellington: Ellington Uptown. One of the most prominent figures in american jazz, Duke Ellington helped bring jazz to an artform.
10. Herbie Hancock: Possibilities. A fantastic colloboration of many artists, this album brings jazz to younger generations.