Ten Things You Can Do With Patience and a Ladder
When I first saw this hub request, I wondered if I should challenge myself to write on such an obscure topic. And then I thought, heck, there are lots of cool things that you can do with a ladder if you’ve got the willingness to try. You may not actually want to try some of these things at home since a few of them have some inherent danger in them. But it’s still interesting to take a look at what others might be doing with ladders that you never even thought of trying out in your own home!
1. Create unique ladder art.
You can make art out of any object or material that you can get your hands on. If you’ve got a ladder then you can take any materials that you have around and use the ladder as a canvas for your art. One example of ladder art is seen in the photo here but you can get creative in making any sort of ladder art that your brain can come up with. Ideally, you can create something that you can then lean against a wall of your home on display for others to see.
2. Get some really great exercise. Climbing up and down a ladder over and over again is a really good workout for muscles that you probably don’t use on a regular basis. If you’re interested in getting some exercise then simply make sure that the ladder is in a steady position and then go up and down it as many times as you can handle. Try to do this three times a week and you’ll rapidly see the results in your body!
3. Meditate upon each rung. Meditation is an exercise in learning to focus your mind. Start by sitting at the foot of the ladder and looking at the rung that is closest to eye level. Focus only on that rung for five minutes. Every time a thought comes into your mind that is not about that rung, start over. When you’ve reached five minutes, move to the first run of the ladder and meditate upon the next rung up. If you reach the top of the ladder, you may find that you have reached a new state of enlightenment.
4. See if you can ride down the ladder in a laundry basket.
The person in this video didn’t manage to make it but perhaps it’s something that you could achieve if you tried. You’ll want to place the ladder on a diagonal to accomplish this. You’ll also want to make sure you’ve got someone around to call the paramedics in case you mess up.
5. Slide down the ladder.
If you can’t figure out how to ride down a diagonally-placed ladder inside of a laundry basket then perhaps you can manage to slide down a vertical ladder without the basket. The person in this video shows you a successful example of how to do that but of course you’ll want to make sure that you’re careful when performing such an act.
6. Turn the ladder into a bookcase. A ladder could be the perfect piece of furniture for holding a collection of books in your home, especially if these are books that you don’t need to access on a regular basis. Put the ones you’re least likely to want at the top, of course. You’ll need some patience to get the books to stay on the “shelves” that you’re making of the rungs but it could end up being a cool little project if you’ve got the time to do it.
7. Make a DIY replica of the ladder that you have. Using the ladder that you have as the template for creating a new ladder, try to build a brand new ladder from scratch without any sort of instructions. It’s not easy to do, especially if you’re trying to build a wooden ladder from a metal ladder template or vice versa, but it’s a pretty cool project if you’ve got the patience to play around with it.
8. Play a Ladder Game. Ladder races are a popular type of ladder game. This involves placing two ladders side by side and then taking turns racing to the top. alternative, you can play ladder games involving relaying with the ladder. Get creative.
9. Create your own version of Ladder Golf. This is a game that you can purchase which comes with its own miniature version of a ladder. It appears to be similar in nature to a beanbag toss game. Instead of spending the money on a yard game such as this one, you could use your ladder and your own imagination to create your own unique version of Ladder Golf. If you really want to get creative, you can use this as the basis of a themed party in which you invite all of your friends and family to come enjoy your creative side.
10. Use it as the subject of a daily writing exercise. Daily writing exercises open up your creative side and are good for you even if you aren’t a writer by trade. Prop the ladder up where you can easily see it on a daily basis but it won’t be in the way. Commit to doing free writing exercises about this ladder for ten to twenty minutes per day for at least one month if not longer. During this time, sit down and write as creatively about the ladder as you can. Perhaps you’ll even come up with far more creative things that you can do with a ladder and some patience than the ones that ended up on this list of ten possibilities! You just never know what will happen when you get your creative juices flowing.
- Unusual Ladder - Geekologie
Here's a more modern ladder that you might be able to find something quite different to use a ladder for.
- Stuff you think you need: Ladders, oh joyous Ladders!
Perhaps a look at a really cool ladder will inspire you with new things to do with ladders?
- How To Play Bolo Toss & Ladder Golf Backyard Lawn Games - The Fun Times Guide
This goes along with the idea of turning your ladder into part of a ladder golf game and might give you a better idea of how to do that.
- Apartment Therapy New York | Good Questions: Loft Ladder Suggestions?
Perhaps you want to do something a little bit more conventional like making your ladder a loft ladder. Here's some design info for doing that.