The 13 coolest Sci-Fi character's from the movies!
First, what is Sci-Fi?
Sci-Fi is usually a movie that takes place in outer space, another planet, or comes from an experiment on Earth. I consider horror and fantasy to be completely different genres because Sci-Fi explains and is all about the scientific aspect.
However, I have included 2 characters that can be considered horror (the Xenomorph and The Terminator), and 2 that I consider fantasy (both from Star Wars). It was just too hard to leave those 4 out.
Who is the best?
Why are there Star Wars Characters on here?
Even though I consider Star Wars to be fantasy and not Sci Fi, the rest of the world doesn't seem to see it that way! I see it that way only because of the mystical nature of the force, and many of the creatures in that galaxy. Also, the Jedi are more of a spiritual order than they are military or militia. And they are guided by a spiritual energy that is not really explained. Much of Star Wars appears to be a mystery.
A blast back to the 80's
Those I hated to leave out!
Remember this is a list of the "coolest", not the most popular or most expensive to make.
I left out aliens like critters, the "Body Snatchers" and several others because the quality of the movie wasn't taken in to account this time.
Who almost made it?
The Aliens from Cocoon- Not only were they technologically advanced (like all alien life forms from the movies), but their cocoons generated a form of energy that created a fountain of youth for the inhabitants of Earth. They also had some interesting "recreational" practices!
You may be surprised at some of my choices.
13.Cayman, of the Lazuli, and from the Lamda Zone- (Battle beyond the stars) The acting and portrayal of this character was over the top! He was from an almost extinct race as he was the last. He joined the battle beyond the stars to avenge his people. I thought that he and his crew were great creations.
12.The Predator- That was a great creation that was brought to life in what was probably Arnold's best movie!
11. Nestor, a clone, you might say (battle Beyond the Stars)- Nestor was one and many at the same time. One consciousness and personality lived in many white bodies. He had powerful psychic abilities, communicated both verbally and telepathically
10. Exogorth or Space Slug (The Empire Strikes Back-Star Wars 5). Han Solo had a bad feeling about this.He knew that, "This is no cave!" This giant beast lived in asteroid craters and was a host to parasites like mynocks. Click below to see a great dissection of one!
9.Dinosaurs- Whether from Jurasick Park, King Kong, and whether they are trapped in a lost world or brought back through DNA by scientists, they are the kings of Hollywood's jungle!
8. E.T.- The unforgettable little guy that made children of our planet fall in love with aliens! He "ate like a pig" according to Drew Barrymore, and drank like a fish. He had some pretty awesome powers and knowledge that he brought to the small town here "settled" into. He had such a following that he made it into Star Wars episode 1. His race had several representatives in the senate!
The giant cave dweller
A great idea for an alien race!
You may be surprised at some of my choices.
7. The Terminator (all series and models)- The future holds a doomed world filled with war and a deadly force. If the army of Terminators are as relentless as the one that Arnold brought to life, it is easy to see why there isn't much of a future for mankind!
6. The Incredible Hulk- An experiment gone wrong! A well-meaning scientist trying to tap into super-human strength, uses gamma radiation and....well....I think you know the rest.
5. Xenomorphs- This is the large, fierce beast from the Alien Movies. They were so awful that their lives began when a human's ended, and their blood was a powerful acid.
4. Godzilla- Does anymore need to be said about the Tokyo terror? This one is so popular that the movies will never stop coming!
3. The Thing ( from the 1982 and 2011 movies) This was a disgusting but powerful parasite that went from host to host, destroying anything in its path.
What is an Exogorth?
In the end, there can be only 2!
This was the toughest part of this blog post! I kept going back and forth, but a decision had to be made. I think it was the right one, but below you can tell me what you think. Please do!
2. Spock (A Vulcan) Star Trek- Made famous by Leonard Nimoy, this clever science freak/warrior/leader became a fan favorite decades ago and still is loved by the inhabitants of Earth.
Here is number one!
1. Yoda of Dagobah- Surprised, are you? Not surprised you should be. The leader and teacher of a great order, is he not? Yes, yes, trained many a Jedi Knight he has, and fought the Dark Side his whole life, he has.