- Entertainment and Media
The N.E.R.D. Entertainment Report for the week of Sept. 14th
This week in Morgan Freeman News!
What did the famed actor and narrator do this week?
- Deadline reports that the elder statesman, Morgan Freeman has been offered the role of the character Ildarin in the upcoming Ben Hur remake. Tom Hiddleston (Thor) is in talks to play the titular character. Keith Claire and John Ridley (12 Years A Slave) wrote the script for the film that will be directed by Timur Bekmambetov (Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter).
- It was also announced this week that Morgan Freeman, the true Dark Knight, will be officially joining the cast of the comedy sequel, Ted 2. In the film, which is currently filming, Freeman will play a civil rights attorney defending the titular Ted when he get's in legal hot water. Mark Wahlberg (Lone Survivor), Mila Kunis (Black Swan) and Amanda Seyfried (Lovelace) will return for the film.
- Upcoming Batman V. Superman director Zack Snyder finally unveiled a full photo of the coolest character in the upcoming superhero film, the batmobile! Black, sleek and full of awesome weapons, the new bat vehicle gets this nerd excited for what's to come! See a photo here.
- According to EW, Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) and Danny Glover (Bad Ass 2) have been tapped to star in a cool new movie called Andron. The film, which also stars Michelle Ryan and Leo Howard, centers around a group of people who struggle to survive after being dropped into a dark and mysterious maze.
Weekend Box Office
- No Good Deed - $24.5 Million
- Dolphin Tale 2 - $16.5 Million
- Guardians of the Galaxy - $8.04 Million
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - $4.8 Million
- Let's Be Cops - $4.3 Million
The combined star power of Taraji P. Henson and Idris Elba helped to boost the home invasion flick No Good Deed to number one at the box office this week and with a budget of only $13 million, that is a huge score. Meanwhile Dolphin Tale 2, starring America's sweetheart, Morgan Freeman came in at a not so exciting second place. Meanwhile, the comedy that could, Let's be Cops, held on for another weekend at number 5.
Which villain are you most excited to see on Gotham?
We all know how excited we all are for the highly anticipated new Batman show Gotham, coming this fall, and the Television Critics Association couldn't agree more! They have voted Gotham to be their "most promising" new series of the season.
For those out of the loop, Gotham focuses on detective Jim Gordon and his search for the killer of a young Bruce Wayne's parents. In his adventures he faces off with young versions of famous villains: Catwoman, Penguin, the Joker and Mr. Freeze among others.